Please say a prayer for former MSU OL Bill Sartin and his family as Bill passed away...

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Bill Sartin passed away yesterday after complications from a liver transplant. My family and I had become good friends with Bill since he moved to Desoto County several years ago. He had a larger than life personality always laughing about something and he loved talking about his Bulldawgs.

Rest in peace, Bill. You will be missed!

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
My son used to play against his son’s USSSA baseball team. He was an assistant coach and quite competitive

grinningmule

Jul 15, 2021
He would have been first round pick if he had not broken his ankle. He wore a brace ever since. Someone you would want on your side in a bar fight. Fun guy to shoot the **** with.
He actually dislocated his knee and had permanent damage to his peroneal nerve. The brace he wore was because of "drop foot" due to the nerve damage. We had to watch video of his knee injury in our athletic training class at State.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
As someone who went to H.S. with Kent, this brings back sad memories. And I'll comment no further on the subject hoping I'm wrong.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
He would have been first round pick if he had not broken his ankle. He wore a brace ever since. Someone you would want on your side in a bar fight. Fun guy to shoot the **** with.
He was going early. Destroyed his knee. Almost lost his lower leg that night. Had drop foot after that and couldn’t play anymore. That was the reason for the brace to lift his foot. Great guy! His stories about Tylertown Pentecostal peanut brittle were hilarious.

Reactions: knock him out john

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He was going early. Destroyed his knee. Almost lost his lower leg that night. Had drop foot after that and couldn’t play anymore. That was the reason for the brace to lift his foot. Great guy! His stories about Tylertown Pentecostal peanut brittle were hilarious.
I have met him several times. I have not talked to him in about 6 years and forgot exactly what happened.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Bill Sartin passed away yesterday after complications from a liver transplant. My family and I had become good friends with Bill since he moved to Desoto County several years ago. He had a larger than life personality always laughing about something and he loved talking about his Bulldawgs.

Rest in peace, Bill. You will be missed!

JWS once said he was the best OL he ever coached. That may have been prior to Porkchop, idk, but Bill was one of the best OL to ever strap on a helmet for us.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I played high school football with Bill’s daddy (Bill, Sr.) and have known this family my whole life. They are fine, fine people. I remember how proud I was when he signed with State. I was also there the night he injured his knee and remember how worried his parents were-Bill was destined for a long career as an NFL O-lineman. For the record, I, too have fallen “victim” to the “Pentecostal Peanut Brittle” in my hometown of Tylertown. Those ladies knew how to raise money for their church, for sure. I’m praying for Bill’s family-they are very close-knit, and they need them for sure.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Please tell the story of the peanut brittle
I really think that you would have to hear Bill tell it, but it was the first, maybe only, time that I heard anyone associate Pentecostals with peanut brittle. And he was a funny dude who could tell a story. It was while we were still in college, so it was just too long for me to recall specifics. Basically it would start with a discussion about religion, continue into something funny about his experience with the Pentecostals in his hometown and end with something like, "...but man they could make some peanut brittle, they were ALWAYS selling that peanut brittle."

30+ years later and I've never since seen peanut brittle when I didn't think about Bill going on and on about Tylertown Pentecostal peanut brittle.

Reactions: Ghostman

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I really think that you would have to hear Bill tell it, but it was the first, maybe only, time that I heard anyone associate Pentecostals with peanut brittle. And he was a funny dude who could tell a story. It was while we were still in college, so it was just too long for me to recall specifics. Basically it would start with a discussion about religion, continue into something funny about his experience with the Pentecostals in his hometown and end with something like, "...but man they could make some peanut brittle, they were ALWAYS selling that peanut brittle."

30+ years later and I've never since seen peanut brittle when I didn't think about Bill going on and on about Tylertown Pentecostal peanut brittle.
Did his death have anything to do with his liver transplant? Do you know?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Did his death have anything to do with his liver transplant? Do you know?
I haven't talked to him in decades, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. I read somewhere that it was complications from the liver transplant. I can't recall exactly where I saw it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login