Please say a prayer for my family as my uncle passed away Christmas Day...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
He was born in Clarksdale, graduated from State in 1972 and lived in Clarksdale for the most of his life with stops in Vicksburg and Baton Rouge for a few years. Loved Mississippi State and was genuinely one of the funniest people that I have ever known.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Will do.

This has been a tough Christmas for us as well. Not going to pile into your post and take away from it, but just wanted to say I feel you, unfortunately.

Bless your uncle’s family and friends, and may you feel the closeness of God during your time of grief.

Nov 25, 2019
He was born in Clarksdale, graduated from State in 1972 and lived in Clarksdale for the most of his life with stops in Vicksburg and Baton Rouge for a few years. Loved Mississippi State and was genuinely one of the funniest people that I have ever known.
sorry for your loss. Met a lot of Clarksdale folks when living in Memphis.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sorry DS. I lost my Uncle last month age 82. He was the first in our family to break the Ole Miss streak and decided on STATE and his younger bro (My Dad) followed suit.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Very sorry to hear this.

Anon1664455826

Sep 29, 2022
Sorry for your loss. The A's are good people. Your aunt was my world history and gov't teacher in high-school. Good folks...

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Sorry for your loss. Your uncle and I were there exactly the same years and I'm sure we crossed paths a time or two. May he R.I.P. and the family find comfort in the memories of the good times.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
DS, if folks here were of a mind to honor your Uncle by sending a donation to St. Elizabeth, would you have any specific thoughts or instructions that might make the donation more meaningful?

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Sending Prayers your way

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I’m very sorry to hear this. Praying for your family. I empathize with your loss. It sucks. I lost my mom in September.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
DS, if folks here were of a mind to honor your Uncle by sending a donation to St. Elizabeth, would you have any specific thoughts or instructions that might make the donation more meaningful?
Nothing in particular.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Sorry to see this. Prayers for Peace for your and his family. Holiday losses seem tougher, probably not so, but seems that way. May he rest in peace and have eternity with the father and our Lord.

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
Will pray

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Deepest condolences for your loss and thoughts and prayers going up for you and your family

Last edited:

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Sorry for your loss DS

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
I knew of him. I know of your cousin too. Condolences.

msugrad2003

Aug 27, 2013
Prayers

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Damn, that's rough on the family in any case, but on Christmas Day? Saying a prayer for you and your family.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Very sorry for your loss….blessings to you and your family

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sorry to hear you lost your uncle Dawgstudent. Prayers for you and your family.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login