Point of interest

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
We have so far played the 3 best teams in the SEC, record wise. UK 8-1, Vandy 9-0, USC 8-1 (that one loss being to MSU).

Not defending our poor coaching, pitching and fielding, btw. Just saying.

ETA- Since this post is being swatted down with subsequent comments, which I knew it would, I would like to point out that I am not saying we are any better than our record, nor am I predicting any improved future results. Ok, now blast away.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Well damn.. It should be smooth sailing from here boys....
bay sinking GIF

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
We have so far played the 3 best teams in the SEC, record wise. UK 8-1, Vandy 9-0, USC 8-1 (that one loss being to MSU).

We've had equal opportunity suckage against non conference opponents as well. Walks are walks, errors are errors no matter who you play. If you can't hit a breaking ball, you just can't hit it

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009

ETA- Since this post is being swatted down with subsequent comments, which I knew it would, I would like to point out that I am not saying we are any better than our record, nor am I predicting any improved future results. Ok, now blast away.
We are supposed to be one of the best 3 in the league. Not getting wrecked by them.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That is some impressive competition and all top ten teams or better but we didn't just lose to them. We got skull drug by them. Losing 2 out of 3 to the number 4 and number 9 team wouldn't be so bad if you were actually in the game ever beyond the first inning

Reactions: preacher_dawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I would definitely bet it’s better than 6-15. Even a very bad mizzou team a few years ago won 8 games in conference.

schedule sets up somewhat favorable too as the teams they can beat are at home. Tenn and LSU both road series that they’d probably lose even if they were home.

its baseball. Even bad teams win 40 percent of their games in. Saying state goes 9-12 rest of the way puts them at that 40 percent mark.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Playing us has something to do with those records.

Reactions: msualohadog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yes they probably would win. However we are seeing:

Passed balls (multiple)
Walks (multiple)
Hit batters (multiple)
Errors throwing to first (multiple)
Getting run ruled (multiple)
Hitting into double play (multiple)
Inability to get a clutch hit (hardly ever)

Losing is one thing. Nothing good about it. But seeing all that? Game after game?

The Saturday game was nice. We really did well. Hope that becomes the norm instead of this awful baseball we've been witnessing

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login