Politics aside (please), will the baseball team get a White House invite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I know the Florida team in 2017 went to the White House, not sure about other years

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That's up to the President. I don't know about Biden. I doubt they get the invite. I could be wrong.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Recently, the CWS champs have been invited as part of a "College Champions" day at the White House. I don't know about this year, but COVID could be a reason for not hosting a large number of athletes.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Not going to happen. We have Smith & Pimentel on that team. White House wouldn’t risk someone shouting Let’s Go Brandon as they (Smith or Pimentel) shook Biden’s hand.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
And, of course, it immediately got into politics
If you’re talking about my post, it absolutely doesn’t wasn’t intended to be “political.” I was being serious. It’s an optics thing. You don’t leave anything like that to chance, especially with a president that is struggling with image. It would be no different than if Trump invited the beach volleyball national champs and they were from a a really woke school (UC Berkeley or something.) Common sense would say they would respect the office and not be wearing their “uniform bikinis,” but why take the chance? Trump would have had a hard time not being caught with wondering eyes, or a really awkward pose with them, etc. You don’t knowingly put a president in a situation where he can be embarrassed.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Everything is politics. Don’t be be naive. And this sentiment has nothing to do with Brandon. The team should say “let’s go” and make the trip.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
Not going to happen. We have Smith & Pimentel on that team. White House wouldn’t risk someone shouting Let’s Go Brandon as they (Smith or Pimentel) shook Biden’s hand.
Please ban this clown.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
The White House just canceled all of it's big Christmas functions. So no, it won't happen.

Besides, the team is scattered to the four winds now. It would be a beast just to round them all up to get there.

Feb 4, 2015
Why would our team even want to go? The WH would probably require the whole team to be vaccinated with five shots,wear full hazmat suits and three masks.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
If you’re talking about my post, it absolutely doesn’t wasn’t intended to be “political.” I was being serious. It’s an optics thing. You don’t leave anything like that to chance, especially with a president that is struggling with image. It would be no different than if Trump invited the beach volleyball national champs and they were from a a really woke school (UC Berkeley or something.) Common sense would say they would respect the office and not be wearing their “uniform bikinis,” but why take the chance? Trump would have had a hard time not being caught with wondering eyes, or a really awkward pose with them, etc. You don’t knowingly put a president in a situation where he can be embarrassed.

Don't be ridiculous. It may be a silly tradition, but Presidents invite champions to the White House. Its probably hard to find a team that 100% supports the President. Sometimes the Champions make it political and don't go. Trump invited the NBA champs every year, but none of them would go. At "College Champions" day, Trump hosted plenty of female athletes including gymnasts, swimmers, track stars, fencers, etc. Some even made mild protests. But they give the President gifts and have a photo op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login