Polk just handed over his letter of resignation...

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
Can you even be taken serious with that kind of post count?

Thanks for bringing up something beside Garrett!

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
With you being a student/younger guy (i think) I'm loving the connections you have to break this on the Pack!

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
...if Polk does not get an assistant AD post, he may come back as coach, he may not. He's holding the university hostage like King Willie is doing to the City of Memphis. Har, har...

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
"It goes without saying that we are m ost appreciative of the outstanding job Ron Polk has done for Mississippi State baseball," Templeton said. "His decision does not come as a surprise because we had a conversation about this timeline even before the season started."

Then WHY IN THE HELL did you give him a new four-year contract, douchenozzle??

Aug 30, 2006
"It goes without saying that we are m ost appreciative of the outstanding job Ron Polk has done for Mississippi State baseball," Templeton said. "His decision does not come as a surprise because we had a conversation about this timeline even before the season started."

Then WHY IN THE HELL did you give him a new four-year contract, douchenozzle??
Translation Possibility 1: "I had no 17ing clue that this was coming, but I will be damned if I give concrete proof of my incompetence now by admitting that I 17ed up & got hoodwinked by that aging douchebag."

Translation Possibility 2: "I will show you who is running this **** around here. I knew he was going & I knew I was gone, so I decided to stick it up Doc's & the new AD's *** by saddling them with a 4 year contract that they will have to figure out how to settle with Polk."

patdog

May 28, 2007
If this is a true retirement, there won't be any settlement on the 4-year contract. You only get a settlement if you're fired. If you retire, you get nothing.

One other possibility is that the 4-year contract extension was done before Polk decided to retire. I can easily see Polk after last year's CWS run being excited and saying he wanted to coach several more years, so LT gave him a contract extension. Then 8 months later as this season is starting, Polk had a change of heart and decided this might be it for him. Remember, we're talking about the same coach who retired and unretired within the span of a month during the season back in the early 90s.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
another possibility is that in the contract it may say that Polk is paid over the four years whether he coaches the team or not, or is given the lump sum amount when he decides to retire.

I know that may sound stupid, but remember were dealing with LT here. He gave a 4 year contract to a guy who said that he only wanted to coach for another 2-3 years anyway.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login