Polk leaves pitcher in too long aGain.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Suprise suprise. 4-0 Baylor.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And for the second game in a row, he brings in a relief pitcher to start the inning AFTER the starter gave up 3 runs. Damn! Even I know that when you've got pitching like ours (i.e. not going to give you 7-8 good innings most games), when you get to the 6th inning you start keeping a real close eye on them, you keep a reliever in the bullpen, and you have a quick hook. Now if you have a Maholm or Dubose, that's a different story. You let those guys work out of jams in the 6th or 7th inning because they're great pitchers. But we don't have anybody like that this year. You can't manage Pigott/Crosswhite/Bowen the same way you'd manage a Maholm or Dubose.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
we miss both the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.

The sad thing is Polk had a quick hook and managed the team differently during the regional and super regional rounds last year. Why he goes back to his old ways is beyond me when the thing he was doing differently got us to Omaha.

llmsudawg

Mar 3, 2008
can't teach an old dawg new tricks. and if you do, he's not comfortable with them and goes back to his old habits.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
I almost hope it is. We need a year bad enough that Polk retires on his own, without having to be forced out, if that's even possible.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
It looks like our worst record over the past 30 years was in 1982 when we went 28-23. I would say that record is in jeopardy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login