Polk lobbying for Raffo with Jim on the postgame.....

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
....to continue his campaign on the radio, and boy did he. He even said he hopes(without naming Raffo) that the guy he recommended would be down there in that 3rd base coaching box for the next 30-35 years.

PUKE........

Oct 14, 2007
Just going to have to get used to it, because we all know he's going to beat that drum every chance he gets from here on out. But it's still a ******** move on his part.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Just because Polk quit doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly start paying complete attention again.

clandbulldog

Mar 23, 2008
It sucks that they screw baseball the way they do ! But, why retire because of them a-holes? He stated that he heard the NCAA was happy that he is getting out of the game. You have to give him credit for having the balls to speak out. Question is: Where are all the other NCAA baseball coaches? Why aren't they speaking up? Raffo? No way ! -- A career assistant!

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
under 3.5 runs per game in conference play. That's awful. And its not b/c Turner is out b/c his replacement is hitting like crazy.

Oct 14, 2007
Everyone agrees he's right about the NCAA in regards to college baseball. The problem is he's too busy bitching and ranting about it to actually recruit and coach like he's being PAYED to do. And he wants to name a 15-year career assistant as his replace? HELL 17IN' NO!!

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
....what the NCAA is doing to college baseball. At the same time though, there's only so much he can control. I'm just utterly sick of MSU being the podium for the fight against the NCAA over baseball. Polk's attempts have been futile, and unless other coaches step up to the plate then his efforts are pointless. We need to move on, hire a proven winner(we won't), quit making excuses and do the best we can.

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
but this proves without a shadow of a doubt that Polk thinks he is bigger than MSU baseball. I am so sick and tired of him whining about the NCAA and trying to dictate who his replacement should be.

Polk is like a stubborn old deacon in a Baptist church who is hard-headed about certain things/issues and won't let them go. Those of you who are churchgoers know what I mean.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
clandbulldog said:
He stated that he heard the NCAA was happy that he is getting out of the game.
I doubt they care one way or the other. But whatever makes him feel better in his mind.

It really is like Don Quioxite is coaching our baseball team.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
we all know how that worked out, when bertman at lsu picked Lavell as his replacement..............this situation reminds me of that one..........although Lavell had previous HC experience.............

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
clandbulldog said:
You have to give him credit for having the balls to speak out.

No, actually I don't. I don't have to give credit to someone who gets paid well to do a job and who half asses that job so that he can have plenty of time to push his agenda.</p>

S

SteelDawg99

But then I've never been fondled by a church elder...

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Even Skip Bertman, a 5 time national championship coach, shouldn't have been able to name his successor. It doesn't work. We need to have a national search and find the best qualified candidate we can. I think we can find numerous candidates more qualified than Raffo.

sixpackmafia

Feb 24, 2008
Cohen since he assisted hiring him at UK, or the dude at OSU that has won 2 national championships....he was there too when he was hired.....hope this give good credibility to byrne being able to hire good a good coach.....ofcourse, the MSU way is to hire from within, and it looks as if the sheep get their way, raffo is in....

D

Feb 23, 2008
Byrne is the one that will have to live with and work with this decision, not LT or Polk. Greg's the guy that will sign his paychecks, not LT or Polk. Byrne's success an an AD will be measured on his coach's success. It would be completely foolish to not let him pick the next coach. If you're job depended on the performance of the people under you, wouldn't you want a major say in who's hired? It's only right but nothing is right with this athletic department.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
does have a good history of at least assisting in selecting good baseball coaches.

Pat Casey and John Cohen- that's 2 home runs right there. I hope he can turn the hat trick.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
They keep college baseball from become "retard central", a minor league farm system for Major League Baseball. It also keeps the players who come to school to play baseball true Scholar-Athletes, instead of gunslinging desperados having target practice on the north side of campus.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login