POLL: Quarterback play for WMU

Which option do you prefer for the Western Michigan game?

• Start Rogers with the usual game plan. Just win and get reps.

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Start Rogers. Once up by 14 give Wright a series. Adjust as needed.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Start Rogers. Once up by 14 give Wright the rest of the game unless they tie up the score.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Start Wright. Bring in Rogers if needed.

Votes: 26 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Do what weā€™ve been doing. Schedule has been kinda tough, give Will a game against the G5 opponent and see if we can fix it.

Then make an announcement the following week that you are going with Wright to see if we can jumpstart something.

Simmer

Jun 21, 2013
Of course it's going to be option 1. We may want 2 or 3 but it ain't happening

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Another thought, if Wright plays, and plays well, is that egg on the face of the coaches for not playing him sooner?

If he doesn't play well, then Parsons would be the next guy the fans will call for. Not much longer and he can play and keep the RS.

Either way, if Will is not consistently good over the next 2-3 games and/or a .500 season isnt an option they dang well better be doing whats best for next season because there will be no bowl to compete in this year.

Reactions: DerHntr

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Get Will 1400 more passing yards as quickly as possible and hopefully rotate Wright and Parson (heavy on Parson) the last 4 games of the season so Parson keeps his redshirt. Honor and thank Will for everything and ask him to move on or stay and help mentor Parson next year.

Iā€™d like to see Mississippi State at the top of record category that might stand for quite awhile.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Another thought, if Wright plays, and plays well, is that egg on the face of the coaches for not playing him sooner?

If he doesn't play well, then Parsons would be the next guy the fans will call for. Not much longer and he can play and keep the RS.

Either way, if Will is not consistently good over the next 2-3 games and/or a .500 season isnt an option they dang well better be doing whats best for next season because there will be no bowl to compete in this year.
Coaches should be worried about a lot more than egg on their face.

I think more of the same is what weā€™ll see. Coaches are idiots if Wright doesnā€™t get a few full seriesā€¦ but I highly doubt they take Will out before the 4th quarter

patdog

May 28, 2007
I know I sound like a broken record but I swear I would put Parson in and get some experience. Will started his freshman year
Thatā€™s the worst option. You play the QB that can win games THIS year. You donā€™t start a QB, or any player, ā€œto get some experience.ā€ Itā€™s either Rogers or Wright. Parson redshirts.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Thatā€™s the worst option. You play the QB that can win games THIS year. You donā€™t start a QB, or any player, ā€œto get some experience.ā€ Itā€™s either Rogers or Wright. Parson redshirts.
This year is shot dude. Next year will be too after all the experienced players leave. We ain't gonna make some magical turn around. We can be **** this year and then be **** again next year but with green players I guess

patdog

May 28, 2007
This year is shot dude. Next year will be too after all the experienced players leave. We ain't gonna make some magical turn around. We can be **** this year and then be **** again next year but with green players I guess
Wrong. We have a chance for 6 wins. Not a great chance, but a chance. If our coaches just quit and ā€œplay for next yearā€ theyā€™ll lose the whole team including half the players theyā€™re trying to get ā€œexperienceā€ for.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I seriously doubt they would lose the guys that get on the field. Plus I can't imagine us winning 2 SEC games. That would be miraculous. I do however expect 2 bottom of the barrel seasons before we start the big turn around.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login