POLL - There are two types of people in this world...

When do you start to wear your new Christmas threads?

• Immediately

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • Wait a few days/weeks

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Generally wait(never) because the clothes I receive are usually horrible.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There's 3 categories of clothes you receive:

1. There's the ones you like that are nice enough to keep. Those most definitely get washed first and usually worn in a week or two. Got to get that new smell off it and any funk and cooties that somebody that tried it on before you left behind (like the guy going commando that tried on your new jeans)
2. Then there's the 100% cotton flannel shirt you can't stand that grandma got you. Wash that baby and it will go from fitting you perfect to barely fitting a newborn. Not worth even taking back to Dollar General, goes into the re-gift pile
3. Those that you don't like but are costly enough to warrant a return, store credit or gift card, and buy something useful. Example being those stupid his and hers pj's your mom got you and the wife. Take those back to Kohls for store credit and buy that air fryer or coffee maker you've been eying.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
those that wear their new Christmas clothes immediately and those that wait. I'm the former. Which one are you?
I used to never wear anything within a week or two after receiving it. But I'm older now, and just can't muster the energy to care what people think. Grace period be damned, I may not be around tomorrow - I'm sporting those cabin socks and argyle sweater vest today, baby.

TulsaLawDawg

Aug 24, 2012
Oldest got me a saints hoodie. I had it on before lunch. Not only did I think it was a sweet hoodie but I wanted him to see I really liked it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login