Poll - Who uses the dark theme?

Do you use the dark theme?

• Total voters

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
I use the large font too. But not the extra large. Got to draw the line somewhere.
Glasses Seinfeld GIF

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I haven't heard that song in a long, long time.

I bet I've seen Eddie and the Cruisers 30 times. It was everywhere on cable at a moment in history.

And if you're under 40, you may have no idea what I'm talking about.
The sequel though was especially HORRIBLE - Eddie & the Cruiser II: Eddie Lives

Back to the Topic tough - my assumption was that dawgstudent just wanted to poll dark mode users to plan for the increased revenue when he starts billing all us poor bassturds for utilizing it.

Last edited:

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
It's much easier on the eyes for me to read a dark background with light text.
I kid, what the article (from 2022) I pulled up said as well but they opened with this and thought it was funny
When it comes to user experience, dark mode is the "cool kid" on the block. Sure, it's been around for years, but it's now a feature on most apps — and whether you follow the latest design trends or you're simply an app user, you've likely tried dark mode or use it regularly.

Good news it appears 2/3 of 6P are both cool AND have rested eyes. The rest of us, not so much.

ETA - busted on the 50+ ..... and then some.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
HolyshitballsBatman
I didn’t even know this was a thing, old and all thatshit

On dark mode now, much better. Many thanks for this thread which should be labeled a PSA for tech challenged grouches like me
View attachment 635800
Still not as bad as when I explained to my mom that she didn’t have to write “this is mom” at the end of every text message

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I haven't heard that song in a long, long time.

I bet I've seen Eddie and the Cruisers 30 times. It was everywhere on cable at a moment in history.

And if you're under 40, you may have no idea what I'm talking about.

The wife (45) introduced me (42) to that movie just a few months ago. I'd vaguely heard of it, but thought it might be a real band. It was "just alright." But, I can see how it was big at its time.

Also, Dark Mode:

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The wife (45) introduced me (42) to that movie just a few months ago. I'd vaguely heard of it, but thought it might be a real band. It was "just alright." But, I can see how it was big at its time.

Also, Dark Mode:

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Things got big at that time because options were incredibly limited compared to today. If HBO played it 20 times a week you were going to watch it a few times.

It was actually a box office flop, like most of the **** on Netflix etc these days.

Reactions: HailStout

MoronDawg

Nov 26, 2022
Some people over 50 know how to set the brightness on their machines so that the light mode is comfortable to view.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I’ve used dark mode on most of my iPhone apps and on my Teslas for years. I’m 70+. Hair is grey but not blue.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login