Poll: Who's the most to blame?

Who's the most to blame for our FB program?

• Total voters

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
python monty GIF

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Lucifer Morningstar is the right answer for bringing leach to the beach bar in hell too soon.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I don’t see how anyone can be voting for arnett. If some dubmass offered me a $3 million a year job I wasn’t ready for I would take it too.

I can’t see going back to croom and templton either. We hit number 1 in county after them.

To me this is about our leadership since Dan left. Cohen, Keenum and Selmon.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I don’t see how anyone can be voting for arnett. If some dubmass offered me a $3 million a year job I wasn’t ready for I would take it too.

I can’t see going back to croom and templton either. We hit number 1 in county after them.

To me this is about our leadership since Dan left. Cohen, Keenum and Selmon.
Dawgbite's point though was spot on. Everyone else in the SEC went in on football as the realization of the revenue it can bring in, but not us.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I mostly blame whoever decided to make Arnett the head coach. I know we didn't have an AD at the time, but hire a search firm and put forth some effort. If we tank a recruiting class because the head coach died, so be it. There was no reason to risk falling into the current situation.
Templeton is the answer. While there is a lot of blame that can be attributed to this mess by many on this poll, Templeton sold or games and our future when all the other teams in the SEC were building a foundation.

Did you leave off the sarkasterisks? I mean, I hated Templeton as much as anyone, but he was already gone when we started our bowl game streak and had our moderate success under Mullen. How did Templeton cause us to revert to the 60's??

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Yep, I can totally see that, but some things are more important than college football.
Why, because he died? That only brought this on a few years earlier. THIS was going to happen from the moment he was hired, eventually. I said so at the time. We just need to suck it up and get on with it. In the old environment, it might have been 3 to 5 years. NOW, a decade at least. I hope I live to see the recovery. I absolutely hope Cohen does to Auburn what he did to us.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Series of unfortunate events. Leach was not a hire that long term was going to work out for us. Whenever he left we were going to crash. I put that on cohen. Then cohen leaves and leach dies. Keenum panics and hires arnett. I put that on Keenum. Then Arnett shreds our one chance at having a decent season by completely abandoning the air raid. I put that on arnett. And then hires someone with no head coaching experience who in turn hires someone who has never been a DC to be his DC. In the meantime Cohen had let us get so far behind in NIL it’s just sad.

Cliff notes version: This is way too big of a train wreck to be one person‘s fault

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I mostly blame whoever decided to make Arnett the head coach. I know we didn't have an AD at the time, but hire a search firm and put forth some effort. If we tank a recruiting class because the head coach died, so be it. There was no reason to risk falling into the current situation.

Did you leave off the sarkasterisks? I mean, I hated Templeton as much as anyone, but he was already gone when we started our bowl game streak and had our moderate success under Mullen. How did Templeton cause us to revert to the 60's??
If you want to blame an AD for this, and you should, it's absolutely JOHN COHEN.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Multiple choices are allowed. Or feel free to name your choice.
It has to be post 2014. 10 years ago we went 7 weeks before we scored less than 34 points, the following week after week 3 began the funnest consecutive three games in MSU history, the team would play in the new years six, MSU would be on the cover of SI multiple times, top ranking with accolades, and gameday would be on campus.

here we sit 10 years later and fu****ng Toledo is handing us our asses on a platter a week after a big white RB from Arizona did.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login