Portal open tomorrow

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Only one defensive coach announced.

So turner just gonna coach and recruit it by himself?

odd we let everyone go but turned but don't have at least dc or a couple guys named or on campus by the time the portal opens.

we gonna try to Riley approach? No defense and just try to outscore the opponents?

no peep from anyone yet on staff on that side

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
For some context- Freeze hired his DC in mid December last year. Brian Kelly hired his at the end of December the year before. So these things don’t go fast.

Reactions: olblue and patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It's not like they aren't still on the recruiting trail. They offered another juco linebacker* and a 4 star tight end from Georgia. I sure wish we would get a DC tho. But I'm sure they are all evaluating folks on either side of the ball

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I think that if fans believe that Lebby is going to work enough magic in two weeks to put together a staff that’s gonna ransack the portal and salvage the ‘24 season, they’re gonna be disappointed. Arnett’s crew sealed our fate with ‘24 by completely shorting the bed for 11 months both on and off the field, and all we can hope for now is that Lebby can somehow give us a glimpse of the future next season.

We’ve got to focus on the long game right now because it’s going to take some work. 6-6 and a bowl game would be perfectly acceptable next year at this point

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It is not gonna happen overnight but they are gonna get a few guys and get it headed in the right direction. We have a transfer OL coming on a visit also. San Diego State but he was all conference or something like that

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I think that if fans believe that Lebby is going to work enough magic in two weeks to put together a staff that’s gonna ransack the portal and salvage the ‘24 season, they’re gonna be disappointed. Arnett’s crew sealed our fate with ‘24 by completely shorting the bed for 11 months both on and off the field, and all we can hope for now is that Lebby can somehow give us a glimpse of the future next season.

We’ve got to focus on the long game right now because it’s going to take some work. 6-6 and a bowl game would be perfectly acceptable next year at this point
Exactly

patdog

May 28, 2007

Arnett and recruiting trashed the 2024 season. This won’t be a 1-year rebuild.

Reactions: Mjoelner

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Live look at the portal

season 6 GIF

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
For some context- Freeze hired his DC in mid December last year. Brian Kelly hired his at the end of December the year before. So these things don’t go fast.
I mean I get it but we only have one defensive staff member right now. Players might want to know who their position coach is gonna be and if he is worth playing for. Especially if targeting guys in portal. I can remember players saying it didn't matter who the DC was as much as their position coach was a guy they liked

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
I mean I get it but we only have one defensive staff member right now. Players might want to know who their position coach is gonna be and if he is worth playing for. Especially if targeting guys in portal. I can remember players saying it didn't matter who the DC was as much as their position coach was a guy they liked
Well then we better get the best available D Line in the portal!!!

bigmixx72

Nov 15, 2023
Yeah. That’s why it would be nice to have had the DC in place by the time the portal opened. Lebby is not going to hire defensive assistants without input from the DC.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I'm skeered to see what our defense looks like next year. The only defense minded head coach we have is Jans.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login