portal qb options

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Vandagriff goes to Kentucky, Is Cam Ward a possibility ? Any qbs we are looking at ?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Who knows? If it goes like a the last few weeks of speculation have gone, knock whatever expectations you have about 2-3 levels down from that. Nobody has a clue what they are talking about right now.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Has Dillon Gabriel signed anywhere? I'd think he's our #1 target for next year's QB with Parsons as the backup plan.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Gabriel hasn't signed anywhere yet but is definitely going to visit Oregon. I've read that USCw is after him too. There was a rumor yesterday that Gabriel was going to visit here this coming weekend but I haven't seen that repeated and I never saw it mentioned in a news story. Just as a rumor on a message board. And it looks like us, FSU and Louisville are interested in D.J. Uigalelei (yes I copied and pasted his last name) but the story I read said that he doesn't have any visits set yet.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I suspect if ZT doesn't land somewhere in the next day or two he is after more money from State. Has he gone to LSU or somewhere else?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Brayden Schager 6-3 225 Hawaii qb enters portal, 26 TDS 3500 yards this year.

would probably be a very affordable option.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
I saw a picture of that Manning kid walking around Starkville last wee on Twitter. I think we're in good shape.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Who knows? If it goes like a the last few weeks of speculation have gone, knock whatever expectations you have about 2-3 levels down from that. Nobody has a clue what they are talking about right now.
We will sign will rogers smaller more unathletic cousin bill rogers

Reactions: 85Bears

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Gabriel hasn't signed anywhere yet but is definitely going to visit Oregon. I've read that USCw is after him too. There was a rumor yesterday that Gabriel was going to visit here this coming weekend but I haven't seen that repeated and I never saw it mentioned in a news story. Just as a rumor on a message board. And it looks like us, FSU and Louisville are interested in D.J. Uigalelei (yes I copied and pasted his last name) but the story I read said that he doesn't have any visits set yet.

Oregon is also chasing Cam Ward. Oregon may get to draft 1st out of this group given their NIL resources & returning talent.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I'm fully prepared to be extremely underwhelmed with our transfer QB signee. I would love to hope for the top guys but we are going to either get outbid or out recruited. I can't blame a junior or senior QB for not wanting to come play with our brand new transfer group of O Linemen and a brand new transfer group of WR's. We aren't exactly a plug and play situation.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I'm fully prepared to be extremely underwhelmed with our transfer QB signee. I would love to hope for the top guys but we are going to either get outbid or out recruited. I can't blame a junior or senior QB for not wanting to come play with our brand new transfer group of O Linemen and a brand new transfer group of WR's. We aren't exactly a plug and play situation.
I think a lot of people have gone in on the mentality that it’s Gabriel or bust because of the connection.

But let’s be honest here. Getting somebody like a Tyler Van Dyke or even a DI Ukelele would be a huge step as either one of those guys would be one of the highest rated QBs that has ever stepped foot on our campus.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Write ups like these just affirm these talking heads don’t actually watch the games. From CBS Sports:

Will Rogers, Mississippi State​

247Sports transfer grade: 90 | Best potential fit: Washington

Washington is already a heavy favorite to land Rogers' services, providing the Huskies an immediate answer once Michael Penix Jr. leaves for the NFL Draft in the spring. Rogers is one of the most decorated quarterbacks in SEC history. He broke the conference's completions record in October 2022 and he leaves Starkville with 1,301 total completions. His 12,315 career passing yards ranks second in SEC history, as well. Rogers spent a lot of time in an Air Raid system under former Mississippi State coach Mike Leach, which means he's comfortable pushing the ball down the field. That's perfect for a Washington team that saw Penix boast a 10.4-yard average depth of target and lead the nation with 2,186 air yards in 2023. The Huskies also employ a lot of play action, which was another staple of Leach's Air Raid.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
which means he's comfortable pushing the ball down the field. That's perfect for a Washington team that saw Penix boast a 10.4-yard average depth of target and lead the nation with 2,186 air yards in 2023.

Ummmm yeeaaaaaa. Pushing the ball down the field…

That sounds like some of those sunshine articles we used to see in the Croom years.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login