Positive Keenum Post

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
So a buddy of mine lives in NC and works with youths. He has kid that possibly wants to major in business, and is interested in State. My buddy setup a trip to Starkville for him and the kid this weekend, and called the office of Keenum and let them know about the kid he was bringing to town. They got to meet with Keenum for 30+ minutes today, and also got to meet Selmon.

I just thought it was great to hear that he made himself that available for a potential student. It is rare that you get meet that in depth with any college president for that amount of time, and it made me proud that we would provide that kind of access. No matter how you feel about Keenum, this is a big deal, and an incredible positive for our University.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
My experiences with Dr. Keenum have been positive.
The ranking records are absolutely cause for concern.
I will say that many of the faculty I know think he is the best president since Zacharias.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
My experiences with Dr. Keenum have been positive.
The ranking records are absolutely cause for concern.
I will say that many of the faculty I know think he is the best president since Zacharias.
The academic rankings are a direct result of the admission standards. The Ayer’s case had a purpose but it put higher education in Ms at a disadvantage when compared to other states. I don’t think disadvantage is the correct term but it certainly skews arbitrary rankings.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
You can be ineffective or an a-hole but not both
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

tired

Sep 16, 2013
He's always available. He has an open door policy, & gave his cell phone out at orientation. My son works under him, talks to him often, & thinks the world of him.

From all the schools we visited, Keenum was most impressive. He's one of the reasons my son's decided on State.

I'm biased, because she personally picked my son for the position he has, out of all the incoming students, but Dr Hyatt is very impressive also. We are in great hands academically.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
People who bltch about Keenum are idiots. Bottom line.

Much like football NIL, academic rankings are a place where MSU will never excel. We simply have to minimize those weaknesses, not let them guide us.

Reactions: Crossroaddawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
The academic rankings are a direct result of the admission standards. The Ayer’s case had a purpose but it put higher education in Ms at a disadvantage when compared to other states. I don’t think disadvantage is the correct term but it certainly skews arbitrary rankings.
Those admissions standard had been in place for 20 years before Keenum was even hired. We did ok academically before then.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
As for student recruiting....no school recruited my son better or harder, or offered him more than MSU. We have people on this board who just like to ***** and moan about MSU no matter what. I suspect it's the same story about Keenum too. He looks to me to be doing a fantastic job. It's wonderful to have a politically savy, very passionate advocate for MSU in the President's chair. There have been so many times when that was not the case, and it has hurt MSU in a BIG way over the years.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
People who bltch about Keenum are idiots. Bottom line.

Much like football NIL, academic rankings are a place where MSU will never excel. We simply have to minimize those weaknesses, not let them guide us.
Plus we can have Keenum or we can have a revolving door at the Prez office

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login