Post pandemic shopping question

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Let's face it most of us did at least a bit of hoarding during the pandemic. Anybody else catch themselves tending to "stock" more of certain items than they did pre-pandemic ? I do and I'm not sure why. PPSD post pandemic stress syndrome ?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Let's face it most of us did at least a bit of hoarding during the pandemic. Anybody else catch themselves tending to "stock" more of certain items than they did pre-pandemic ? I do and I'm not sure why. PPSD post pandemic stress syndrome ?
I don’t, but I really didn’t during the pandemic. I think it’s because living on the coast we get hoarding every summer a major storm gets in the Gulf and I’ve had years of frustration from going to get weekly things and people are buying stockpiles of supplies leaving others without.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
My wife counted 8 cans of bamboo shoots in our pantry over the weekend. Accidental hoarding of a really odd product.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I had to google it myself as well. I'm sure they're edible to some degree. In his defense, he did say it was an odd product.
There's a couple joints at the Chinese buffet that has them in it. I enjoy a few myself.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Do you host pandas often or is that some new hippie vegan thing?
I had to google it myself as well. I'm sure they're edible to some degree. In his defense, he did say it was an odd product.
I posted it fully knowing it would get criticized because its such an odd product. Its absurd, I agree.
I add a can to stirfry- they are basically something that has a lot of fiber, tastes like nothing, and easily absorbs flavor. So they are healthy and taste like whatever sauce you use.

I clearly buy them way more frequently than they are used. What really sucks is my wife said she doesnt like them when she was laughing at how many cans there were.
...we now have 0.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
To all shooters and hunters, I’m in search of a few boxes of 405 Winchester This is a late 19th century round that died in the mid 20th century but was resurrected in the early 2000’s by Ruger, Winchester and Hornady Winchester ceased ammo production about 10-15 years ago and Hornady ceased production about five years ago. It should be a less than $50 per box if still in production but I’d probably give $100 for a box if someone found any. This cartridge has an interesting history, it’s the big game cartridge that Teddy Roosevelt took to Africa on his famous safari. At one time it was the most powerful cartridge ever chambered in a lever action gun , at least until the BLR.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
To all shooters and hunters, I’m in search of a few boxes of 405 Winchester This is a late 19th century round that died in the mid 20th century but was resurrected in the early 2000’s by Ruger, Winchester and Hornady Winchester ceased ammo production about 10-15 years ago and Hornady ceased production about five years ago. It should be a less than $50 per box if still in production but I’d probably give $100 for a box if someone found any. This cartridge has an interesting history, it’s the big game cartridge that Teddy Roosevelt took to Africa on his famous safari. At one time it was the most powerful cartridge ever chambered in a lever action gun , at least until the BLR.
I’m not a fan of people's renewed fascination with lever guns. They’re all getting expensive now.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’m not a fan of people's renewed fascination with lever guns. They’re all getting expensive now.
I actually don’t own a single lever gun. I always wanted a 1895 but just never pulled the trigger, pun intended. I have a financially irresponsible obsession with single shots. Bonus points if it’s chambered in a straight walled cartridge. Octagon barrels are sexier than a IMPP thread, well that may be an exaggeration but I’m definitely a fan.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I actually don’t own a single lever gun. I always wanted a 1895 but just never pulled the trigger, pun intended. I have a financially irresponsible obsession with single shots. Bonus points if it’s chambered in a straight walled cartridge. Octagon barrels are sexier than a IMPP thread, well that may be an exaggeration but I’m definitely a fan.
My latest “investment” was a marlin 1895 cb. 26” octagon barrel, can hold 9 rounds of .45-70. It’s so fine. But don’t get one, no one’s buying them anymore. They’re not cool.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
The 45-70 was my favorite, killed a bunch of deer with one. The 405 was a hotter round and was a little too hot for deer sized game. I’ve got a Winchester 1885 falling block in 45-70 with a Marbles Tang sight that needs a 1895 for a companion. I’ve also got a Ruger No.3 in 45-70 that’s probably killed more deer than any other gun I own

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
About 2-3 months before the shutdown, I had started getting TP through Amazon subscribe and save. By the time the shortage hit, I had 2 months stocked up. I never had to worry about running out. When inflation kicked in, I started buying more household items through subscribe and save, mainly to save money. Having extras is a nice secondary benefit.

I wouldn’t consider anything I’m doing hoarding. It’s more short term insurance to protect against the idiot masses.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Corn Shuck Bidness did fine during the lock down. Fauxi got 10% of the profits. I've always wanted that 1877 Winchester The Rifleman used.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login