Post your Final Four picks.........here's mine

B

Bulldoghair

Texas, UCLA, Tennessee, Clemson

i have a Texas/Tennessee final, with Texas winning it all.

B

Bulldoghair

B

Bulldoghair

BlindDawg

Jan 23, 2007
I got Carolina vs. Wisconsin and TX vs. UCLA. UCLA and Carolina in the final with Carolina winning it.

newsdog

Mar 3, 2008
UCLA over KU for the championship.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
UNC vs. Kansas in one semi
Pitt vs. UCLA in the other

Carolina vs. UCLA for all the marbles with UCLA pulling it out, just to piss me off.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006
with UNC winning it all, too. A UNC-Wisconsin game would be a real contrast in styles.

Aug 30, 2006
Really? You see them being able to come out of a bracket with Kansas, Clemson, Vandy, USC, Wisconsin, & Georgetown in it? What is your reasoning or is it just a hunch?

To answer the original post, my FF:
Tennessee
Georgetown
Texas
UCLA

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
CowtownDawg said:
Really? You see them being able to come out of a bracket with Kansas, Clemson, Vandy, USC, Wisconsin, & Georgetown in it? What is your reasoning or is it just a hunch?
Well, they have beaten Kansas this year. Also, just call it the Carmelo pick. Ever since then I always end up going with a team that has the best player in the country. I didn't really mean to have them going to the Final Four from the get go. It sorta just happened. I thought they'd upset USC. Then run Wisconsin out of the gym (I really really hate the way Wisconsin plays and this is more of a hope pick). I just don't have a good feeling about Georgetown, so I thought, sure Beasley can score 40 on them. Then... well they have beaten Kansas this year.

Best 11 seed ever for what it's worth. Not that I really have kept up with the 11 seeds from year to year, but has one ever had the future #1 overall draft pick?

Edited to add: This would be the "a future NBA star gives you a really good shot at advancing in the tourney" pick. I'm sure Fishwater disagrees and perhaps he can post in the third person about how he would bet on it.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Texas, UCLA, UNC, & G-Town

My biggest question marks in the bracket were the marquette-kintucky matchup and the butler-s.alabama matchup......What did yall choose on those?</p>

Aug 30, 2006
I definitely think they have a chance to make some noise b/c of Beasely. I can also see going with a Carmelo pick, but I think that Syracuse team had a lot more overall talent surrounding him than the Wildcats have around Beasely. I think without Beasely, KState is probably lucky to sniff the NIT. I think Cuse would probably still have been a bubble team & maybe a lock that year without Carmelo.</p>

I have no real objection to KState making a run. They have the potential if Beasely can carry them and a couple of other guys can play solidly, I was just surprised to see anyone put them in the FF.</p>

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
when it's all said and done, but I don't think K-State will even beat USC. K-State has way too many holes outside of Beasley. There's a reason they are an 11-seed. They did beat KU in Manhattan, but KU demolished them in Lawrence - they were up 20 in the first half and cruised the rest of the way. KSU also got stomped by Xavier by 27. I just don't see much from them. The Carmelo Anthony team had a lot better supporting cast than K-State has. Remember how hot that little white dude (name escapes me) got from 3-point range for 'Cuse that year?

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
They had a sweet sixteen team without Melo.

Either way. It's mainly just hoping Wisconsin goes nowhere and counting on Kansas being Kansas.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login