Prayers for my daughter please…

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Having already lost my son to Covid it is very concerning to learn my daughter is now positive. Pity party is not needed…just prayers.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Gotcha, so if you/she hasn't already

...it may be a good idea to mention that to her doctor, because he may want to run some tests that assess your daughter risks for thrombosis. Some of those tests are: Activated Protein C Resistance, Factor II mutation, Factor V Leiden, Anti-phospholipid G, M and A; Anti-Beta2 glycoprotein G, M and A; Anti-Prothrombin G and M; Lupus Anticoagulant. In combination with coronavirus any of these conditions could warrant anticoagulant therapy.

Many people are walking around with one or some combination of these traits and they do not realize it because they are not routinely tested for.

Knoxdog55

Nov 18, 2013
I set my phone down and prayed for you, your child and for the rest of your famil
y. God bless.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
ddog ima tell ya bud, I’ve never prayed for anyone in this board as hard as I’ve prayed for you & your family , and I’ll continue to do so. God Bless your daughter

SaintsDoc

Apr 24, 2016
...it may be a good idea to mention that to her doctor, because he may want to run some tests that assess your daughter risks for thrombosis. Some of those tests are: Activated Protein C Resistance, Factor II mutation, Factor V Leiden, Anti-phospholipid G, M and A; Anti-Beta2 glycoprotein G, M and A; Anti-Prothrombin G and M; Lupus Anticoagulant. In combination with coronavirus any of these conditions could warrant anticoagulant therapy.

Many people are walking around with one or some combination of these traits and they do not realize it because they are not routinely tested for.

This may help as timing is important:

The optimal time to order thrombophilia testing is when a patient is asymptomatic and no longer on anticoagulant therapy. In general, testing should be performed 4 to 6 weeks after discontinuing warfarin, direct thrombin inhibitors or fibrinolytic agents. This time interval is also necessary to allow acute-phase reactant proteins to return to baseline.
During pregnancy there is a significant acquired decrease in protein S levels (total and free). If there has been a recent acute event (including thrombosis), it is advisable to defer testing for 4 to 6 weeks.
In general, if a deficiency of antithrombin, protein C or protein S is observed, it is recommended that testing be repeated after an interval to confirm persistent deficiency. As a rough guide, the level of antithrombin in hereditary antithrombin deficiency is usually < 65%, and the level of protein S in hereditary protein S deficiency is usually < 50%. For both protein C and total protein S assays there is considerable overlap in values between normal individuals and those with the genetic deficiency. Family studies may be helpful.
Reference ranges are:
Hypercoagulability Panel
Reference Range
Activated protein C (APC) resistance​
>2.51​
Factor V Leiden mutation​
Not present​
Protein C functional​
70-140%​
Protein S activity​
57 – 172%​
Antithrombin​
80-130%​
Hex Phase anti-phospholipid antibody​
Negative​
Anticardiolipin antibody -IgG-IgM​
0-15 units​
0-15 units​
Anti-beta 2 glycoprotein 1 IgGAnti-beta 2 glycoprotein 1 IgM​
0 – 20 SGU0 – 20 SMU​
Serum homocysteine​
<12 uM/L​
Prothrombin gene mutation​
Not present​
Factor VIII activity​
50 – 150%​
Homocysteine
0 – 11.9 uMol/L​

<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;"> </tbody>
Specimen requirement is 4 blue top and 1 red top tubes of blood.
[FONT=&quot]<section style="box-sizing: border-box;">

</section>[/FONT]

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login