Presented without comment

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Looks, he's just laying the sod to pull a Lou Brown in a year or two.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I’m gonna guess he has plenty of money and this fills his time without adding stress. Good for him.
Could be. According to this, he made just under $3.7M over his last 7 years of coaching, so about $527k per year. Made $5.3M over his time at MSU and Florida, so averaged over $408k for 13 years. Plenty of people do that and get no where near being able to retire, but surely the volatility in coaching encourages assistants to be a little frugal compared to their income.

Reactions: 17itdawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Plenty of people do that and get no where near being able to retire, but surely the volatility in coaching encourages assistants to be a little frugal compared to their income.
Hope he made smart decisions, but you’re right. Many don’t. Either, good on him for finding employment. I’ve always thought I wouldn’t mind working at Lowe’s/HD as a semi retired job.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Hope he made smart decisions, but you’re right. Many don’t. Either, good on him for finding employment. I’ve always thought I wouldn’t mind working at Lowe’s/HD as a semi retired job.
Heh...I can say this...because I semi-retired from being a ChE for 29 years. Opened a shipping/gift store, there are days I'd really rather not deal with the Gen pop, rude and entitled walk amongst us. At home depot or Lowes, you'd get the rude and entitled mixed in with the "oh hell son, sounds like you're working on a Darwin award project for sure"...ha!

The saving grace for me, I'm the owner, it's a short trip to "sir, can I talk with your manager"

HulksStache

Mar 4, 2013
I’ll never forget seeing Hevesey at the Dawg Walk absolutely shred into a high school/college kid in front of everybody who chest bumped a player.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I know a guy, owned a successful business, sold the business and retired a couple of years ago about the same time as I did. Walked in Home Depot a while back and there he was wearing an apron. I knew he was financially set so I asked. He got bored at home after about six months. Works part time just to get out of the house. They've tried to promote him and he refused. Says its the best job he's ever had, no stress at all.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Who cares that he works at Lowe's. He's probably a store or regional manager making 6 figures. But if not, who cares. Let the guy be.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I know this is supposed to be some kind of 'shaming' thread, but I'm not gonna clown him about this. Dude is out there working. This is probably less stressful, has less travel, and has a ton more stability. I know Hevesy's recruiting approach was allegedly pretty rough and we probably missed out on guys we should have gotten (Dak notwithstanding), but the Junior and Senior O-Linemen on those Mullen teams were generally very solid.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
People can say what they want but it takes a lot of pride swallowing to go from a SEC OL / OC coach to working at Lowes, good for him for doing what's best for his family. Also know that his wife was very prudent with their money.
And super nice to boot. An interesting contrast in personalities between the two of them for sure.
Good for him.
I thought we liked our coaches to be dlck@heads?

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I know a guy, owned a successful business, sold the business and retired a couple of years ago about the same time as I did. Walked in Home Depot a while back and there he was wearing an apron. I knew he was financially set so I asked. He got bored at home after about six months. Works part time just to get out of the house. They've tried to promote him and he refused. Says its the best job he's ever had, no stress at all.
That will be me one day lol

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Goals

Reactions: kired
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login