Prophetic?

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
The following is from a poker blog I read from time to time...the dude was talking about his love of March Madness, and included this little gem:

It's also the time of year when that chick in your office who knows absolutely nothing about sports ends up winning a couple of hundred in your office pool because she picked seven out of the Final 8 teams and called several insane upsets like Mississippi State knocking off Memphis.
Just one time, baby.

Aug 20, 2006
won a mustang in Vagas by picking the Dolphins to win it all in '72 a full year early. She based her pick solely on the fact that she liked their colors.

/That car was a piece of shat!
//My dad says she pissed and moaned about winning a sports car. She wanted a wagon.
///Women!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Florida wasn't expected to win the title, but a girl in our office who knows nothing at all about sports picked them because she loves to go to the beach in Florida. She won the pool.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Her rationale far picks was who would win in a mascot fight.

I was peppered with questions such as "What's a Hoya?", and " What's a Hoosier?".

She came to our game and commented, "Oh, a Bulldog would tear up a Duck! But, then again, a Duck can fly..." I told her she was over-anlyizing things.

She's 9-2 so far...Crazy.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
...and got skull dragged and lost her five bucks.

Not every noob gets lucky.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was in a pool about 4 years ago where I lost by two points to some girl that had very little knowledge of college basketball. Lost out on about 350 bucks.

jwbigcreek

Feb 26, 2008
based on the colors. I started to do the same this year, but I doubt it would have helped my crappy bracket (#*!#@* you ESPN for hyping the Golden Flashes & !*#(@ you jwbigcreek for believing Kentucky could beat anybody outside the SEC).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login