PSA for those going to the AZ game…

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
NFL schedule dropped and the Chiefs are playing the Cardinals in Phoenix the next day at 3:25. 1.5 hour drive or Uber from Tucson.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Love the Valley, but never been to Tuscon.

Arizona is great state. I hear to stay away in July / August, but we usually spend time in Sedona in the winter. Pretty cool to see it snow in the dessert.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I've been to Tucson in August. Was pretty hot but dry and had a good time. Agree that there's better times to year to go though

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Love the Valley, but never been to Tuscon.

Arizona is great state. I hear to stay away in July / August, but we usually spend time in Sedona in the winter. Pretty cool to see it snow in the dessert.

Went to Arizona in 2018 and 2020. In 2018 went in the Monsoon season. The day we were leaving Tucson to go to flag staff one came in. The streets became rivers. It was unreal. I was in a Navigator and was able to get on the Interstate and got in front of it. When we were getting close to phoenix you could see sand rising on the mountain tops and then a wall of sand as high as you could see and as far away as you see was a sand storm. I kick it in to about 95 miles a hour got the hell out of there. Then the next day traveling back to flag staff from the Grand Cannon another monsoon hit. This time tornado dropped out of the sky. The guy in front me hit his breaks hard and I almost hit hit but then I saw why he did. The car behind me almost hit me. The tornado stayed on the ground for a few 100 feet and went away. Crazy trip but you are right about the dates.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Probably gonna wait and make the trip to Tempe/Phoenix in 2024 for the Arizona State game.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I am leaving to go home on Sunday.
I’m going with 3 friends. One of them has to leave on Sunday, but the rest of us are staying until Monday. Was looking for something to do on Sunday, and watching Murray and Mahomes sounds fun…

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
I was in Tucson a few years back. I remember most everything (buildings and land) as being earthy toned with very little colors. It was strange for these MS eyes to see so little greenery.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Tombstone is a short drive from Tucson, if that sort of thing is your huckleberry.

/law don't go round there.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That’ll be fun. ASU’s campus seems nice. Mill Ave is a happening area.

Different type of ladies around there. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
Just outside of Tucson there’s a decommissioned nuclear missile site (Titan 2). Was very cool to see about 10 years ago.

Also a plane graveyard closer to Tucson that was neat to see. They have several historic planes, including JFK’s Air Force One and another copy of the B-29 (like the Enola Gay that dropped bombs in Japan)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login