PSA: New Hardcore History Episode recently dropped

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Haha, true!

He starts out every show apologizing for not pushing out more content and then mentioning he is swamped with research. That is more commonly heard on his Common Sense and Addendum podcasts though.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
It's on my list. I just restarted Blueprint for Armageddon - as current events got me thinking about major European conflicts

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Haha, true!

He starts out every show apologizing for not pushing out more content and then mentioning he is swamped with research. That is more commonly heard on his Common Sense and Addendum podcasts though.

He updates Addendum semi regularly. I haven’t listened to Common Sense but I’ll give it a shot.

I can’t imagine the amount of research that goes into his shows. The WW2 Japan series was insanely long and detailed.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He updates Addendum semi regularly. I haven’t listened to Common Sense but I’ll give it a shot.

I can’t imagine the amount of research that goes into his shows. The WW2 Japan series was insanely long and detailed.

Common Sense is excellent- it is his take on current events and he speaks from both a pragmatic perspective as well as a personal libertarian perspective.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Another gripping, fascinating (though often disturbing) episode. This guy is in a league of his own when it comes to podcasts.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Agree. I was excited that I had an upcoming business trip that involves a 3-hour drive. Listened to a lot of it on the drive. Very well done. If you want some reading that is related, but not exactly the same, I recommend:

1) "Barracoon: The Story of the Last 'Black Cargo'" Zora Neal Hurston - NOTE: If you've ever noticed Africatown at the base of the bridge that crosses Mobile Bay north of the tunnel, you will know why it is called that.

2) 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann

Both are very good reads.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It's on my list. I just restarted Blueprint for Armageddon - as current events got me thinking about major European conflicts

That one for me was the most enlightening... how WWI was just this clash of the old world vs the new world... How much technology came into play... The first real use of weapons of mass destruction... It was the most intriguing.

I think he referenced this picture, talking about a soldier on horseback with a lance and a gas mask encapsulating the shift in military technology over this time period:

View attachment 24030

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login