Purcell taking care of business

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
He added Barnum today. Unreal.

The problem is, of course, in women's basketball, there is a grand canyon size gap between a top 20 signing and lsu signing the top 5 players. Looks like we will be locking in a top 6 sec finish next year if things fall right. Good job.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
The problem is, of course, in women's basketball, there is a grand canyon size gap between a top 20 signing and lsu signing the top 5 players. Looks like we will be locking in a top 6 sec finish next year if things fall right. Good job.
Maybe. LSU was a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament and was completely overmatched the first time they played South Carolina and Tennessee beat them well in the sec tournament. Womens basketball is in a much better spot competitively now than it was prior to Morgan’s shot

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That marks the #16, #19, and #21 transfer portal gets per Charlie Creme. Not a bad haul.

#16 - Lauren Park-Lane
#19 - Darrione Rogers
#21 - Erynn Barnum

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Maybe. LSU was a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament and was completely overmatched the first time they played South Carolina and Tennessee beat them well in the sec tournament. Womens basketball is in a much better spot competitively now than it was prior to Morgan’s shot
ESPN had an article a little while back about the 2017 Final Four and the turning point it's been in women's college basketball. I've said many times, Morgan William broke UConn and they've never recovered.

We even got props from Ole Miss's coach:
"I think women's basketball took a huge turn when Mississippi State beat UConn," said Ole Miss coach Yolett McPhee-McCuin, whose No. 8 seed Rebels beat top-seeded Stanford to advance to the Sweet 16. "I was in the crowd, and I was like, 'Whoa.' You couldn't even wrap your head around someone beating UConn at the time.

"And then once that happened, we saw what? Other teams starting to do it."

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
ESPN had an article a little while back about the 2017 Final Four and the turning point it's been in women's college basketball. I've said many times, Morgan William broke UConn and they've never recovered.

We even got props from Ole Miss's coach:
"I think women's basketball took a huge turn when Mississippi State beat UConn," said Ole Miss coach Yolett McPhee-McCuin, whose No. 8 seed Rebels beat top-seeded Stanford to advance to the Sweet 16. "I was in the crowd, and I was like, 'Whoa.' You couldn't even wrap your head around someone beating UConn at the time.

"And then once that happened, we saw what? Other teams starting to do it."
I was at the game and you can’t even describe the emotions of that win for everyone there regardless of who they rooted for. Still my favorite Mississippi state sporting memory of all time

Reactions: Dawgg

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Does it look like we added some "toughness" . Ole Miss and Texas A and M out toughed MSU in its own building last year, and at Ole Miss as well. It's hard to build the toughness that comes from a team growing up together and going through some scrapes. In this new era of one year players and player turn over having some tough players help. Hopefully we have recruited some.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I was at the game and you can’t even describe the emotions of that win for everyone there regardless of who they rooted for. Still my favorite Mississippi state sporting memory of all time
I was there with my son! I still get chills thinking about that shot going in with that red light on and the entire arena, except one dark blue section, going nuts.

I remember the UConn band playing Don’t Stop Believin’ during a commercial in the 4th quarter and thinking “well, they messed up now.”

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login