Purdy has a torn UCL.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I like Purdy. Hope he gets healed soon. His wife is a hot actress too. (Nutty Professor).

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Tommy John?
I know that throwing a football is much less stress on that ligament than a baseball. Maybe that's the deal. But still seems incredibly optimistic. Yahoo article says they are trying to do the 'repair' procedure rather than the full TJ replacement. I didn't think that was possible with a full tear/rupture.

ETA: Seems that since Purdy's was an acute tear, rather than a chronic 'fraying' (like many baseball pitchers have), he's a better candidate for repair.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There’s no reason to rush him back. Lance will be likely ready before then.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I initially felt like the Niners missed their window to bring in Brady, but considering where their QB room currently stands with all
these ridiculous injuries, I’m actually not entirely opposed to it now.

I feel like there’s a pretty good chance he’d sign at a big discount, and it’d give both Purdy and Lance a proper chance to recover

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I initially felt like the Niners missed their window to bring in Brady, but considering where their QB room currently stands with all

I feel like there’s a pretty good chance he’d sign at a big discount, and it’d give both Purdy and Lance a proper chance to recover

Yeah, I mean the cap hits of Purdy and Lance put together is only $10 million total. Even if he played at his 2022 price tag of $15 million, that would be only $25 million towards the QB position….which isn’t terrible.

Honestly though, not sure its worth it unless he’s willing to play for like $5 million or less. I don’t know that the current version of Brady is that big of an upgrade (if even an upgrade at all) over Purdy and Lance. But it would certainly be good to have a guaranteed healthy QB of his caliber at the start of camp and have him for depth at worst, if the price is right.

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

I want no part of Brady. I watched plenty of Tampa games this past season and he needs to retire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login