Put your DC hat on.........

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
how would you fix this defense? More bend but break?
We definitely don't need to do man anymore because we can cover for ****. I would do cover 3 keep everything in front. Put every fast dude you have in at line backer. Or just go bookie and jett and then do a nickel. We need more speed on the field.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Put bigger stronger guys on the d line. We give them all kind of time to pick us apart

Reactions: Indndawg

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Figure out how to cover receivers. Our secondary looks like they've never played a competitive sport before.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Give some younger DL a shot to see if they can generate some rush. Other than that I don’t know of much else we can do but hope and pray some of these players figure it out.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Give some younger DL a shot to see if they can generate some rush. Other than that I don’t know of much else we can do but hope and pray some of these players figure it out.

Good take. Other than several big pass plays over the past 2 weeks (yeah, way too many), our defense problems start on the line. Rush 4, no pressure and QB has all day. Blitz, a little pressure and wide-open receivers.

Similarly, our primary weakness on offense is the line. Opposition rushes 4, good pressure on QB. Blitz, better have a quick throw called. I think we all know Leach's air raid compensated for a pretty bad offensive line.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We don’t have many options. We have talent issues at DE, CB and S. Our LB’s are slow. We’re not very athletic.

Make teams drive the field, and hope we get a drop.
That's what happens when you stock offense for 4 years. We used to take these guys on defense that were 3 star qbs snd turn them in to all sec linebackers or safeties

Reactions: knock him out john

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
We don’t have many options. We have talent issues at DE, CB and S. Our LB’s are slow. We’re not very athletic.

Make teams drive the field, and hope we get a drop.
I think that is all you can do right now. We certainly can’t match up playing man defense.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
3 -2 -5
3 down lineman and have Bookie and Jett alternate as a standup DE( but both will not be on field same time as they are equally slow) .
I would prefer to use 11 players on defense instead of resting 1 player every snap like the 3-2-5 would do. i mean use the water boy/girl if need be but at least use 11 players.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
We definitely don't need to do man anymore because we can cover for ****. I would do cover 3 keep everything in front. Put every fast dude you have in at line backer. Or just go bookie and jett and then do a nickel. We need more speed on the field.
Our base defense is nickel…

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If we plan on continuing running man coverage, you need defensive ends who can set the edges and push the plays (or QB runs) back to the inside towards Jett and Book. Every coach is telling their QBs to roll to the outside where we have NO ONE to defend.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
There's no way to fix the defense. We don't have the players or the coaching. Arnett defenses were nothing special either. But we've lost a lot of talent in that side and it's just bad now.

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
If the team has a mobile QB....
Rush 3 drop 7 with a QB spy.
This team does not have the speed or the ability to shed blocks to continually blitz QB's who can run.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
If we plan on continuing running man coverage, you need defensive ends who can set the edges and push the plays (or QB runs) back to the inside towards Jett and Book. Every coach is telling their QBs to roll to the outside where we have NO ONE to defend.
They don't have to roll, their WRs are wide open and we can't get any push. It is almost like our DL thinks they are pass blocking and our OL is bullrushing open space letting their guys through.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They don't have to roll, their WRs are wide open and we can't get any push. It is almost like our DL thinks they are pass blocking and our OL is bullrushing open space letting their guys through.
Our best and only pass rusher is our damn NG. We've got nothing up front to rush with. Our LBs aren't good pass rushers. Until we move to a four man front and recruit pass rushers it's going to be S getting eaten alive in man and CBs having to cover too long.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
how would you fix this defense? More bend but break?
Play press-man and bring the house every play. 1. The QB will have to get rid of it fast and hopefully our guys could tie-up and stick with a receiver for a second and a half. 2. If they run, you should plug every running gap by bringing everybody not in 1 on 1 coverage. 3. Take a page out of Kiffen's book and fake an injury when you need to sub since your guys storming the line every play will wear out quick.

This can't be any worse than what we're doing now.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Truth is, you have to be as undpredictable on defense as you are on offense. But if you have a flaw (and we have a few), teams are gonna pick on it until you fix it. Then they will move on to the next flaw. We are talent/experience deficient in the secondary and speed deficient in the box. That has been pretty obvious so far.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login