Qualifications For New Head Coach

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
1. Must not cough during press conferences. This one is especially important to the lady who does the podcasts with Hadad. I think her name is Robbie. So emotional. She would also like to add that he give substantive answers, tell no stories, and use no coach speak.

2. Must be red-faced angry on sidelines when things aren't going well. Just yelling a little won't cut it. The face must turn red. We should get a coach who’s not scared to lock someone in a storage shed.

3. Must win all SEC road games. We here at Mississippi State are accustomed to winning at places like LSU and Kentucky. I was told after our LSU loss that the coach up the road would walk into Tiger Stadium and easily take care of business. I'm sure he did. I haven't checked.

4. Home SEC wins must not be close. We know where we are in the pecking order, and we should dominate inferior teams like Auburn from start to finish.

5. Must use the portal. Don't think we've gotten anyone from the portal yet. Can't think of any safeties, receivers, or O-linemen who have made contributions.

6. Must not pass too much.

7. Must not run too much.

8. NIL.

I think that about covers it.

We all know that hiring a head coach is easy. Our history indicates that our chances of hiring someone who will consistently win more than 7-8 games at Mississippi State are very good. What are we waiting on?

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
10. Walks around like Quasimodo.
the hunchback of notre dame disney GIF

Who knew Quasimodo was singing “I’ve got that Mississippi State of mind…?”

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Be able to talk with Dumb *ss State fans that want to change coaches like they do their underwear.

Reactions: Grover777

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
To be fair, it's only a niche contingent that has ever said we run it too much.

#AlwaysRunNeverPass Forever

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
1. Must not cough during press conferences. This one is especially important to the lady who does the podcasts with Hadad. I think her name is Robbie. So emotional. She would also like to add that he give substantive answers, tell no stories, and use no coach speak.

2. Must be red-faced angry on sidelines when things aren't going well. Just yelling a little won't cut it. The face must turn red. We should get a coach who’s not scared to lock someone in a storage shed.

3. Must win all SEC road games. We here at Mississippi State are accustomed to winning at places like LSU and Kentucky. I was told after our LSU loss that the coach up the road would walk into Tiger Stadium and easily take care of business. I'm sure he did. I haven't checked.

4. Home SEC wins must not be close. We know where we are in the pecking order, and we should dominate inferior teams like Auburn from start to finish.

5. Must use the portal. Don't think we've gotten anyone from the portal yet. Can't think of any safeties, receivers, or O-linemen who have made contributions.

6. Must not pass too much.

7. Must not run too much.

8. NIL.

I think that about covers it.

We all know that hiring a head coach is easy. Our history indicates that our chances of hiring someone who will consistently win more than 7-8 games at Mississippi State are very good. What are we waiting on?
Let me add one more.
10. Walks around like Quasimodo.
I listened to a radio show yesterday by mistake, so let me add one more.

11. Offense must in no way resemble the "Wing T of passing." Never mind that this team averages more points per game than any year since Dak was here. We need a coach who can score points in a more fun manner.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Great Post, she really has no idea what she is talking about. I’ve listened enough that I soon realized, she never played football of any kind, just has a low baseline of intelligence and doesnt know that she doesn’t know.

very thin skinned and arrogant.

the fat sidekick is just desperate for attention and a really low level radio person, like reading ads in a 500 listener market.

all of the stereotypes about nerdy media types who are getting their chance to earn a varsity letter at age 35 by sitting in judgement and berating the man in the arena are true here.

if You are going to strike the king.......well they missed, I’d be surprised if he has press credentials next year. He’s bitter.

Last edited:

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
great review and summary Faust. I know it’s hazardous duty but could you go back and listen to some more of these awful podcasts to give us a review ?

this one was a gem

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Great Post, she really has no idea what she is talking about. I’ve listened enough that I soon realized, she never played football of any kind, just has a low baseline of intelligence and doesnt know that she doesn’t know.

very thin skinned and arrogant.

the fat sidekick is just desperate for attention and a really low level radio person, like reading ads in a 500 listener market.

all of the stereotypes about nerdy media types who are getting their chance to earn a varsity letter at age 35 by sitting in judgement and berating the man in the arena are true here.

if You are going to strike the king.......well they missed, I’d be surprised if he has press credentials next year. He’s bitter.

I know it's a tradition on SPS to talk about subjects as if everyone here is completely aware of exactly who and what you're discussing.

But, for my sake, clue me in on exactly who and what you're discussing.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I know it's a tradition on SPS to talk about subjects as if everyone here is completely aware of exactly who and what you're discussing.

But, for my sake, clue me in on exactly who and what you're discussing.
He believe he is talking about the lady on Hadad’s podcast. I think the OP said her name was Robbie

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Be able to talk with Dumb *ss State fans that want to change coaches like they do their underwear.
Which coaching selections from say, the last 10 years did you feel didn't get a fair shake and should have stayed or been kept around?

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I think we should choose the next coach from a IMPP post. I mean a smokin hot coach with bodacious tatas would be great on the recruiting trail.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I enjoy Thunder and Lightning. I may not listen every single day but I find it an enjoyable listen for sure. Of course there are times when I don't agree with one or the other of them, but that's just how sports goes. As for Robbie, I think he's the best co-host Brian has had, with no offense to Bob or Joel. They argue or debate pretty much the way I would say other people do it - respectfully but passionately. Not sure why Robbie is a target here all of a sudden. God forbid he have an opinion and stick to it instead of just letting Brian bulldoze over him. His pushback is part of what makes the show entertaining. (Again, not a shot at Bob or Joel.)

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I enjoy Thunder and Lightning. I may not listen every single day but I find it an enjoyable listen for sure. Of course there are times when I don't agree with one or the other of them, but that's just how sports goes. As for Robbie, I think he's the best co-host Brian has had, with no offense to Bob or Joel. They argue or debate pretty much the way I would say other people do it - respectfully but passionately. Not sure why Robbie is a target here all of a sudden. God forbid he have an opinion and stick to it instead of just letting Brian bulldoze over him. His pushback is part of what makes the show entertaining. (Again, not a shot at Bob or Joel.)
For clarification, what is you hate about Bob and Joel?

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

I do like T&L. I listen probably twice a week on weeks we win. I generally tune out all things MSU when we lose.

I don't know the guy from Adam. Just seems to be in his feels lately. Also seems to be a little too upset about Leach coughing in press conferences and not giving straight answers. That was the start of this. Just a strange thing to get upset at a football coach for.

He's also the most recent one I've heard to talk about the offense being "no fun." This is one of the more bizarre criticisms to me. It's like someone heard this from one of their Ole Miss friends and now everyone repeats it. Just little brother mindset nonsense. We are our own worst enemies.

We average more points per game this year than we have in all but two seasons in MSU football history that I had time to check. Seems pretty fun.

But look, I'm sure he's a good dude.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login