Quarterback on Netflix

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Sorry if Germans.

That was pretty good. Of course it's a carefully cleaned up view of those three players (Mahomes, Mariota, & Cousins) but it made it hard not to root for these guys. As a Bronco fan I really want to hate Mahomes, but you can't deny how he plays the game.

Reactions: Dawgg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I have not finished all the episodes yet. I’m about halfway through. Mahomes is about what I expected. Cousins seems like a genuinely good guy and appears to work his *** off. From a stats perspective, he’s probably one of the better QBs over the last 10 years. For whatever reason, it has not translated to big wins. He’s hard to not like after watching the show. Mariota is pretty boring. Seems like a good guy but also seems like he has no self confidence

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have not finished all the episodes yet. I’m about halfway through. Mahomes is about what I expected. Cousins seems like a genuinely good guy and appears to work his *** off. From a stats perspective, he’s probably one of the better QBs over the last 10 years. For whatever reason, it has not translated to big wins. He’s hard to not like after watching the show. Mariota is pretty boring. Seems like a good guy but also seems like he has no self confidence
I am about halfway through as well and I have the same opinions. Cousins comes across as really likable. Mahomes has some swagger and cockiness but it is unbelievably good. Mariota has not been very interesting.

I love the concept of this show because we are in a superb era for QB’s. Mahomes is already a slam dunk hall of famer at 27 and is probably going to be this generation’s Brady in terms of success and championships won.

If the show keeps going and guys are willing to participate, they have a ton of great options to choose from right now.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Seemed like 50% of Cousins game film during the show was him taking a brutal sack and him saying oh ah ouch oh. Tough guy. Didn't know much about him prior to the show but I came away with a favorable impression.

Reactions: Blldawg87

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
I watched it last week and I’ll say now I’m a big Kirk Cousins fan. Seems to be extremely humble and down to earth.

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
Kirk Cousins was definitely the winner of the show. Not the kind of guy you expect to find with an impressive NFL, long term career.

Doesnt look like an athlete, doesnt talk like most athletes. He never said a cuss word the entire show.

Great role model honestly. I'm a fan now.

Last edited:

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
One challenge I see in the future is that you probably need married guys for that show. You are basically doubling your subject matter because the wives added a lot of content (even if you didn't like them). Would be interested to see how they handled a single guy.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Kirk Cousins was definitely the winner of the show. Not the kind of guy you expect to find with an impressive NFL, long term career.

Doesnt look like and athlete, doesnt talk like most athletes. He never said a cuss word the entire show.

Great role model honestly. I'm a fan now.
Agreed. Kirk is way more likable than I thought he would be. He’s funny, self-deprecating, and real

Reactions: Blldawg87

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
About 2/3 through it so far. I find myself fast forwarding through the Mariota parts, he's just not that interesting to me. 100% agree on Cousins, even though he and the Vikings have been a pain to the Saints lately I find him extremely likeable

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login