Question for Memphis area dogs or others in the know.....

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I'm going to be in downtown Memphis in a few days. Is there a hotel in close proximity to the Fed-Ex Forum that's not overly pricey and fairly safe? I only need to stay for one night so I'm not going to pay peabody price. Also thought about possibly staying in Southaven. Any recommendations for these areas?

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
There is a Hampton Suites on Peabody Place right off Beale Street. We stayed there for the Liberty Bowl a couple of years ago & have stayed there travelling for business in the last 6 months.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I'm going to be in downtown Memphis in a few days. Is there a hotel in close proximity to the Fed-Ex Forum that's not overly pricey and fairly safe? I only need to stay for one night so I'm not going to pay peabody price. Also thought about possibly staying in Southaven. Any recommendations for these areas?
There are two new Hyatt properties, the Hyatt Centric and Caption, within easy walking distance. I've stayed at both. They are nice enough and reasonably priced. Rooms aren't the biggest but they are new and clean. If you're staying with kids, the Caption has some rooms with a nice view of the bridge and its light show at night. Centric may as well.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
Downtown for the most part is safe just don't wonder off the beaten path late at night or park in the open lots overnight. If you are there for an event like a Grizzlies game there will be an increase in patrols in the area. I would recommend staying at a hotel that has Valet parking, those lots are usually monitored. We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or the Double Tree.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
Don't have a clue about current pricing, but I have stayed in a Holiday Inn across from the Peabody (on the same block as The Rendezvous) a couple years ago and it was nice

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I was there a few years ago for a concert at Fed Ex and was on Beale for supper. Nothing out of the ordinary when we went in to eat but when we came out there were police everywhere patrolling. It sure if increased presence due to the concert or not, but you couldn't take five steps without walking by a cop.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Anything around the Redbirds Stadium should be good. The Holiday inn is in a good location. They remodeled it since we stayed there last. Both the new Hyatt properties are good as well.

If you are fine paying a bit more(not Peabody) there are a couple boutique hotels in south main that I’ve wanted to stay at. Central Station in the old Amtrack building and Arrive. Everything else is either boutique, expensive or off the beaten path.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Downtown for the most part is safe just don't wonder off the beaten path late at night or park in the open lots overnight. If you are there for an event like a Grizzlies game there will be an increase in patrols in the area. I would recommend staying at a hotel that has Valet parking, those lots are usually monitored. We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or the Double Tree.
Love the username there Rod Farva..........

Reactions: Car Ramrod.sixpack

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Speaking of downtown Memphis. This is a concert alert for all you old rockers.
Journey will be at Fedex Forum on Saturday, April 1st @ 7 pm.
TOTO will join them also. (hadn't seen them in a long time and I will this time)

We have a baseball series on that weekend, but I figure the baseball season will be toast by then anyway.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
The Westin right by the Forum is good (even though they’re trying to 17 me out of a refund on a canceled room). Good rooms with good bathrooms. It’s priced within everything else. It also has a parking garage next door in case you hate valet like I do.

Also, hit up Catherine and Mary’s for supper.

Reactions: theoriginalSALTYdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Speaking of downtown Memphis. This is a concert alert for all you old rockers.
Journey will be at Fedex Forum on Saturday, April 1st @ 7 pm.
TOTO will join them also. (hadn't seen them in a long time and I will this time)

We have a baseball series on that weekend, but I figure the baseball season will be toast by then anyway.
And that's exactly where I'll be Astro......Me and Mrs. Salty taking the son and DIL.....Looking forward to it........

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login