R.I.P. Ron Franklin.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He was the best. Who was his partner (who by the end of the game sounded like he as drunk) in the early 2000s? The golden era of ESPN Saturday night football.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Called Jeanine Edwards “Sweet Baby” and Holly Rowe “Sweet Heart” … they were not amused and now we have Herbstreit.

Yep, it was ********. How Holly Rowe has kept a job, I'll never know. I guess the cancer got her sympathy, because she's horrible and unattractive. Bound to have some swing.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He called her sweet baby in a production meeting and when she objected to that he said something like “Ok, how about *******?”

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Holly Rowe - " I have an idea for our broadcast."

Ron Franklin - "Sweet cakes, men are talking here."

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think Holly overreacted to being called sweetheart. Don't really blame Jeanine for objecting to being called sweet baby. In either case though, when Ron was told they didn't like it, he should have apologized and stopped instead of calling one of them "*******."

Jul 19, 2014
Interesting. I never knew he was an Ole Miss alum until I looked him up today. Despite that flaw, he was a good commentator.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He was the best. Met him on a plane ride back into Austin and was cordial and friendly when we spoke for a moment when we got on. I just told him I really liked his work. He thanked me and smiled. He was gracious to some other folks as well. I really miss his work when I hear the hyperbole laden crap from a lot of the current stars.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login