R. I. P., Shane MacGowan…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Never heard of him. In the future, please post your condolences on the obituary

Starting your day off drinking the hard stuff this early in the morning, eh? **

MacGowan had his demons too but what a genius… You might know him for being the male lead on Fairytale of New York. It’s become quite the Christmas song the past few years…

Even though he’s been on the board for ten years, Baddog11 must be as sheltered as the newbie who reported IMPP’s post earlier this week… **

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I have never reported anybody but I was banned here back in 2013 for celebrating when Dak Prescott replaced Tyler Russell.
To be fair, that was before Dak was ¡Dak! and was a quarterback known here mostly for being adored by Coach34…

That said, kudos for the prescience…

Backup quarterbacks are the most loved people in MSU fandom… until they become the starters.

Dak is the Exception that proves that rule of thumb…

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
To be fair, that was before Dak was ¡Dak! and was a quarterback known here mostly for being adored by Coach34…

That said, kudos for the prescience…

Backup quarterbacks are the most loved people in MSU fandom… until they become the starters.

Dak is the Exception that proves that rule of thumb…
As I recall C34 nicknamed him “check down Charlie” and predicted he would not be successful in the NFL. I’m sure if you ask him c34 will explain how he was still right about that.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He was definitely right about that, mainly because Rick Stansbury is the worst basketball coach in MSU history.
As I recall C34 nicknamed him “check down Charlie” and predicted he would not be successful in the NFL. I’m sure if you ask him c34 will explain how he was still right about that.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011

MacGowan had his demons too but what a genius… You might know him for being the male lead on Fairytale of New York. It’s become quite the Christmas song the past few years…

Even though he’s been on the board for ten years, Baddog11 must be as sheltered as the newbie who reported IMPP’s post earlier this week… **

Probably my favorite secular Christmas song, and I only found it recently by Googling some random "best Christmas song" list.

• Love
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If it makes you feel any better, I'd never heard of him either. Now if it had been Rodney Linderman...
Same here, never heard of him or The Pogues, so I did "the Googles" for my benefit and all the others in the dark. Well, that explains it, I've never been a follower of "English Irish Celtic Punk band(s)"

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011

A genius?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Same here, never heard of him or The Pogues, so I did "the Googles" for my benefit and all the others in the dark. Well, that explains it, I've never been a follower of "English Irish Celtic Punk band(s)"
What is your pretend genre of eclectic music that you claim to like on message boards to appear more well rounded but in reality just have Nickelback on repeat?***

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What is your pretend genre of eclectic music that you claim to like on message boards to appear more well rounded but in reality just have Nickelback on repeat?***
My "pretend to like" music would have to be Dave Matthews band as evidenced by all the stickers on the back windshield of my truck along side the 30-A, Salt Life, and Yeti ones too. Some of them are hard to see though because of that VP racing gas can with the long rubber hose sticking up out of the bed

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My "pretend to like" music would have to be Dave Matthews band as evidenced by all the stickers on the back windshield of my truck along side the 30-A, Salt Life, and Yeti ones too. Some of them are hard to see though because of that VP racing gas can with the long rubber hose sticking up out of the bed
Don't hate on those gas cans. They are the only ones they make now days that don't require you spend more time trying to get gas in your mower than actually mowing...

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
I knew of him/The Pogues due to the time-frame when they dropped their first record. I bought it, listened once, and traded it at the Music Recycle store. The music was not my bag, but I always hate to hear when a peer (age) passes too soon. Most of my music icons are dead from opioid abuse.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Don't hate on those gas cans. They are the only ones they make now days that don't require you spend more time trying to get gas in your mower than actually mowing...
Sometimes wife and I go to estate sales. My first stops are always the shop and carport and I always check for old plastic gas cans...they're getting harder and harder to find

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You can buy a cheap funnel and unscrew the Gov't lid and pour it in the funnel. Let's not act like an engineer and over complicate these things. I never heard of the Pogues either. Edited to add I googled them and they suck

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Grove Sh.tter

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You can buy a cheap funnel and unscrew the Gov't lid and pour it in the funnel. Let's not act like an engineer and over complicate these things. I never heard of the Pogues either. Edited to add I googled them and they suck

Funnel is my solution as well.The guvmnt is so smart. Create a can that basically forces you to spill more fuel and release copious amounts of vapor into the air (and your lungs).

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Opinions vary. I think they are great. It's not often you see a fusion of punk and Irish trad. It worked for me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login