Racial insults yelled at Utah WBB team- update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I think this was mentioned here when it first occurred.

Someone yelled racist remarks at the WBB team when they were staying in ID before their first ncaa tournament game.
35 hours of tape has been collected and police are still investigating.

As disgusting as it is to yell racist things and speed off, what is actually expected to be done with this in the end?
It's terrible, but it seems like a lot of resources spent investigating...and for what in the end?

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'd be fine with someone kicking the guys who did that's arses. No excuse for that in this day and age (not that there ever really was an excuse for it). But this isn't England. We do still have free speech here. At least in theory we do.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
most of North Idaho is chill, but there was/maybe is a sizable white nationalist group. I’ve personally never run into anything like that in Eastern WA or north Idaho, but I did encounter a pretty vocal truck rally in Bozeman once

Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I'd be fine with someone kicking the guys who did that's arses. No excuse for that in this day and age (not that there ever really was an excuse for it). But this isn't England. We do still have free speech here. At least in theory we do.
Agreed, the first amendment would protect these people, even though they are clearly rednecks. It’s how klan rallies can still happen, since it’s only words.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I guess maybe they were trying determine if any threats were made in the process. You can’t throw someone in jail just for saying the n word but if threats are made in the process it opens up a can of worms.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
".and for what in the end? "

I would ask the same question about posting this on a Mississippi State message board two weeks later.
Well, it's sports related and every day there are a ton of posts about not only non-MSU sports topics, but non-sports topics.

Someone just started yet another thread about trans-identity that is unrelated to MSU, but my thread is what you chose to complain about.
Unsurprising.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Northern Idaho is everything Mississippi that is portrayed as in the media except for the mountains & winter weather.

This behavior is unacceptable everywhere in these United States.
This behavior is unacceptable and always will be. The most surprising aspect of racism is that it’s extremely rare in the USA, especially when compared to other countries and continents. It rarely happens even though “racism” has been deemed as the sin of all sins by todays culture and the supply doesn’t meet the current demand.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Maybe they could get them on disturbing the peace or menacing charges. They were revving their truck engines at them and yelling the n word, which is definitely threatening.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Agreed, the first amendment would protect these people, even though they are clearly rednecks. It’s how klan rallies can still happen, since it’s only words.
There was a recent case where the ACLU was representing Klan members. It just proves how important our 1st amendment rights are. We are a Republic and individual rights are paramount. I don't want to have anything to do with a racist but it is their right to be a sh*t head. It is a slippery slope when you start dictating what people say except on private or government property.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Only words and who ever let words upset them are weak. Forget about it and move on.

You criticized the people who were mistreated and called them weak. I would say the people who did the verbal mistreating are the weak ones.

Interesting view on who is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login