Rafael Palmeiro sighting

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
His son plays AA ball here in Madison. I was at a couple of games earlier in the season and didn't see him, but I assumed he would be in town a lot.

[FONT="]So we decide to go live on Twitter during the rain delay to talk with some fans around the ballpark and the first person we run into on the broadcast is Rafael Palmeiro??????lmao this was not planned https://t.co/zjhSThyqMt pic.twitter.com/0Q16fT3Zoi— Rocket City Trash Pandas (@trashpandas) May 26, 2022 [/FONT]

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
His son plays AA ball here in Madison. I was at a couple of games earlier in the season and didn't see him, but I assumed he would be in town a lot.

[FONT="]So we decide to go live on Twitter during the rain delay to talk with some fans around the ballpark and the first person we run into on the broadcast is Rafael Palmeiro??????lmao this was not planned https://t.co/zjhSThyqMt pic.twitter.com/0Q16fT3Zoi— Rocket City Trash Pandas (@trashpandas) May 26, 2022 [/FONT]

He was at most of the games last year leading up to the CWS (not sure about this year). Nice guy and supports the bulldogs more than just about any other athlete alum. For whatever reason, Will has traditionally gotten more love from MSU fans, but Raffy gives more support to the program. I realize Will has a special needs son, so that may keep him at home more.

Last edited:

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
I realize Will has a special needs son, so that may keep him at home more.[/QUOTE]

I sat in front of Will at the Tulane series ...he never stopped talking ..it was pretty interesting when he was explaining the "shift" to his son ...he said if they tried that crap with him, he would hit .500 ...he could hit a ground ball to shortstop all day long... Will lives in Baton Rouge and that may be why he doesn't come to Starkville as often

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
He came to the team hotel in the CWS last year for the pep rally. I was on the couch watching tv and I heard someone ask if they could have a picture, so I turned around and it's Raffy. I got my picture with him and then after that, it was a line that must have taken him quite some time, but he was very nice and took one with everybody that asked. He's nothing but first class.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Will is also a coach for the Giants, its called a special asst or something like that. He works w/ hitters trying to improve their swing, stance, etc, Its not a full time gig but he gets to travel some and work w/ prospects in their system.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login