Raffy is on the Contemporary Era HOF ballot.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He's HOF worthy. Only 7 players all time have done that:

Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
Eddie Murray
Raffy
A-Rod
Albert Pujols
Miguel Cabrera

That's elite company.
One day the PED stigma won't be nearly as bad. No judgement on the fairness or moral implications, it just won't matter as much to fans and voters. Hope he gets in while the gettin's good. His numbers are definitely worthy.
Any idea how many chances he might have on the contemporary ballot if he doesn't get in this time?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Did Schilling use PEDs or is he blackballed for other reasons (ie his politics & his failed video game company)?
It's going to be off-the-field issues that will keep Schilling away.

Even with him not using PEDs, he's not as likable as Mattingly, McGriff, and Murphy.

I think it's going to be between Dale & Don.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He's shared a bunch of Nazi memes a while back, so that's probably it.
Had to google this because I was surprised I hadn't heard of it and he didn't share a "Nazi meme" in the sense that he shared a meme supportive of Nazis. He shared a criticizing Muslims and saying that the 5-10% of Muslims were violent extremist and only 7% of germany were nazis. He also shared a meme against males who are transgender using female restaurants (and also criticizing the characterization of people holding that position) and it was not flattering of males who are transgender, to say the least.

Obviously not getting in on the writers vote (who regardless of this issue, should probably not be the ones voting). Seems like he might have been unlikeable enough that he'll have trouble with veterans also.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
So I see that regular season attendance was down 5.7% this year compared to 2019 for all of MLB. If this continues we're going to need to embark on another steroid era. Oakland's attendance numbers this year was particularly depressing.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
So I see that regular season attendance was down 5.7% this year compared to 2019 for all of MLB. If this continues were going to need to embark on another steroid era. Oakland's attendance numbers this year was particularly depressing.

I have a feeling Oakland itself is particularly depressing these days.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The HOF sucks. Just put the players in there. Nobody cares about steroid and gambling ********.
The NFL HOF is full of that crap. This kind of stuff is why people are losing interest in baseball.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
He's HOF worthy. Only 7 players all time have done that:

Hank Aaron
Willie Mays
Eddie Murray
Raffy
A-Rod
Albert Pujols
Miguel Cabrera

That's elite company.
There’s not a player on that ballot more HOF-worthy than Palmeiro. 17 Jose Canseco…

It’s a travesty to have Bonds on there. He’s no different than McGwire or Sosa or any other PED poster child.

I’ve always been surprised that Mattingly never made it in. Being such a big name on the Yankees for so long has it’s perks. Boggs making it in and not Don always puzzled me.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There’s not a player on that ballot more HOF-worthy than Palmeiro. 17 Jose Canseco…

It’s a travesty to have Bonds on there. He’s no different than McGwire or Sosa or any other PED poster child.

I’ve always been surprised that Mattingly never made it in. Being such a big name on the Yankees for so long has it’s perks. Boggs making it in and not Don always puzzled me.

Boggs was a sure thing. .328 lifetime and 5 batting titles. 12 AS games.

Mattingly is hurt by a shorter career, but I think he gets in eventually.

Reactions: eckie1

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So I see that regular season attendance was down 5.7% this year compared to 2019 for all of MLB. If this continues we're going to need to embark on another steroid era. Oakland's attendance numbers this year was particularly depressing.
I believe you will see Oakland relocate to somewhere like Las Vegas pretty soon.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login