Ran into Gabe Jackson last month…crazy he is still unsigned

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
I was walking around the aquarium in Atlanta and he actually approached me because of my state cap. Super nice guy, only talked for a minute because I didn’t want to bother him with his wife and kids. As soon as he approached me I recognized him which was cool.

anyway, I find it insane he hasn’t been signed yet with training camp started.

Reactions: drumrcraig

kired

Aug 22, 2008
He's had a good career. Probably getting to the age where OL start to hang it up. Not many that play past their early 30s

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
He's had a good career. Probably getting to the age where OL start to hang it up. Not many that play past their early 30s
There are some really good ones that do. And he's always seemed to be a really really good one. But some folks lose a step and their energy quicker than others. It's a rough game and he played it well.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He was a salary cap casualty in Seattle. He’s 32, has had some knee issues, and they had another guard playing about the same level who had a more team friendly contract. Unfortunately he’s probably more expensive than most teams are willing to pay for an older player.

If he wants to keep playing I hope he finds a spot, but he’s had a great run regardless. 9 years is a better run than most get. He’s made a lot of money already and should have a really nice pension plan once he gets into his mid 50’s.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
He achieved the dream and had a nice career though. I’m sure it’s hard to think about never playing football again but the bright side is the man will retire in his thirties.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Was he slimmed down at all? It's crazy to watch those retired OLs lose so much weight once they hang it up.

Reactions: drumrcraig
Nov 29, 2017
I was walking around the aquarium in Atlanta and he actually approached me because of my state cap. Super nice guy, only talked for a minute because I didn’t want to bother him with his wife and kids. As soon as he approached me I recognized him which was cool.

anyway, I find it insane he hasn’t been signed yet with training camp started.
He’s a very cool guy. I was at state the same time as him. I occasionally would run into him in the district. I’ve talked to him multiple times including when he was in the NFL. He was always very down to earth.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
He was a salary cap casualty in Seattle. He’s 32, has had some knee issues, and they had another guard playing about the same level who had a more team friendly contract. Unfortunately he’s probably more expensive than most teams are willing to pay for an older player.

If he wants to keep playing I hope he finds a spot, but he’s had a great run regardless. 9 years is a better run than most get. He’s made a lot of money already and should have a really nice pension plan once he gets into his mid 50’s.
jesus, has it really been 9 years since he got drafted?

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login