Random definitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Virtue Signaling: "the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue." Also, another way of saying "you can't possibly believe the **** you're spouting, so there must be another reason you're saying it"
(ex: The use of "her" three times in one sentence describing a dude.)

Circle Jerk: "The act of constantly sharing the same opinion with a group of people who are obviously known to have the same opinion as yours, therefor granting you free upvotes to said opinion."

****, I'll be glad when football season starts.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Virtue Signaling: "the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue." Also, another way of saying "you can't possibly believe the **** you're spouting, so there must be another reason you're saying it"

Circle Jerk: "The act of constantly sharing the same opinion with a group of people who are obviously known to have the same opinion as yours, therefor granting you free upvotes to said opinion."

Now define "random."

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021

Is Fox News going off the air this fall? If not, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023

Now find the Inbev press release of them showing Dylan and her special made Bud Light cans.

Not the one she made on her phone for Instagram (vertical video), the one that Bud Light made.

Which is my point. SOMEONE had to follow her on Instagram to see this and get "outraged".

That means SOMEONE wanted a bunch of people that don't like that Trans people exist to get angry. And stay angry.

Because:
1) Angry people vote

2) Angry people stop looking for other solutions

While we are arguing about Trans/ woke/ issue of the week, the mega rich are taking all our money.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I'll add one:
Political Correctness

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
While we are arguing about Trans/ woke/ issue of the week, the mega rich are taking all our money.
This is another creative way to get your adversaries to forget about the issue they are discussing. I think that's called a ...... strawman??

Please name the mega rich people who are taking my money without my consent. Because me going to get some Gold Bond at Dollar General is my own choice. Unless somehow these mega rich people are causing swampass.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Now find the Inbev press release of them showing Dylan and her special made Bud Light cans.

Not the one she made on her phone for Instagram (vertical video), the one that Bud Light made.

Which is my point. SOMEONE had to follow her on Instagram to see this and get "outraged".

That means SOMEONE wanted a bunch of people that don't like that Trans people exist to get angry. And stay angry.

Because:
1) Angry people vote

2) Angry people stop looking for other solutions

I honestly don't know what you're talking about; I just know I favor the truth, and the truth is, all the lipstick and rouge and tucking bikinis in the world don't make this a "her". And I think you know that.

dylan.jpeg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Ooh, random definition thread? Fun!

Terminally online - people who are so closely engaged in specific internet culture or social media that they hyperfocus on issues that dont even impact them and continually reference obscure claims or incidents as if those around them are supposed to know wt17 is being talked about.
Ironically, its a term that is often used by people who are terminally online.
USED IN A SENTENCE- "You would have to be terminally online to know what DeSantis was ranting about in that speech."

Outrage culture - an unhealthy and dangerous culture that has formed in the last 10 years which relies on outrage media to feed them a constant stream of stories that create extreme emotional responses. The stories are often only partially accurate, or generalize, or misrepresent in order to ensure outrage. This has led many to use outrage issues as a guide for how to interact and respond to unrelated issues in every day life as well as social media.
USED IN A SENTENCE- "This highway is in terrible shape, I cant wait until there is funding available to fix it." "They would have fixed it years ago if money wasnt misspent on Maoist government agendas like library drag shows or buying books that groom children!"

10-ply - extremely soft.
USED IN A SENTENCE-

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Ooh, random definition thread? Fun!

Terminally online - people who are so closely engaged in specific internet culture or social media that they hyperfocus on issues that dont even impact them and continually reference obscure claims or incidents as if those around them are supposed to know wt17 is being talked about.
Ironically, its a term that is often used by people who are terminally online.
USED IN A SENTENCE- "You would have to be terminally online to know what DeSantis was ranting about in that speech."

Outrage culture - an unhealthy and dangerous culture that has formed in the last 10 years which relies on outrage media to feed them a constant stream of stories that create extreme emotional responses. The stories are often only partially accurate, or generalize, or misrepresent in order to ensure outrage. This has led many to use outrage issues as a guide for how to interact and respond to unrelated issues in every day life as well as social media.
USED IN A SENTENCE- "This highway is in terrible shape, I cant wait until there is funding available to fix it." "They would have fixed it years ago if money wasnt misspent on Maoist government agendas like library drag shows or buying books that groom children!"

10-ply - extremely soft.
USED IN A SENTENCE-
im pretty sure the word Maoist has never been used in a drag show or children grooming argument here on Six Pack... i could be wrong though as im not terminally online .

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
im pretty sure the word Maoist has never been used in a drag show or children grooming argument here on Six Pack... i could be wrong though as im not terminally online .
It probably hasn't.
I chose to use it because a poster usdd it yesterday while complaining about 'the Maoist left agenda', which is apparently a for profit multinational manufacturer partnering with a trans spokesperson to advertise their beer.
It makes as much sense to that Maoist left agenda as the hypothetical I created.

Reactions: drexeldog23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login