Random post game thoughts

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
1. Need to find a kicker. At a perennial top program, you should be able to find someone who is almost automatic.
2. Carter needs to go back to LB. Yeah, he’s likely a tweener in the NFL but He can try out for the d line for the team that drafts him. He’s undersized when he gets in the trenches so he is trying to jump the count and ending up offsides.
3. Warren is a real matchup nightmare. I don’t love that he is our main receiving threat, but he may have to do.
4. Nick singleton earned himself NFL money simply with that block he threw against the Illinois end.
5. Was that the 19th best team in the country? I have no idea. Right now I know Texas, Georgia, Bama, and OSU are on top and everyone else is looking up.
6. Is this psu o line good enough to literally drag us across the line in each game this whole season? Big ask without some sort of threat from the WRs. I fear that Drew is being asked to turtle up in these games against lesser opponents and then suddenly make magic happen with a bunch of bombs to mediocre WRs against the better teams.

Auxgym

Oct 13, 2021
1. Need to find a kicker. At a perennial top program, you should be able to find someone who is almost automatic.
2. Carter needs to go back to LB. Yeah, he’s likely a tweener in the NFL but He can try out for the d line for the team that drafts him. He’s undersized when he gets in the trenches so he is trying to jump the count and ending up offsides.
3. Warren is a real matchup nightmare. I don’t love that he is our main receiving threat, but he may have to do.
4. Nick singleton earned himself NFL money simply with that block he threw against the Illinois end.
5. Was that the 19th best team in the country? I have no idea. Right now I know Texas, Georgia, Bama, and OSU are on top and everyone else is looking up.
6. Is this psu o line good enough to literally drag us across the line in each game this whole season? Big ask without some sort of threat from the WRs. I fear that Drew is being asked to turtle up in these games against lesser opponents and then suddenly make magic happen with a bunch of bombs to mediocre WRs against the better teams.
Hmmm some of these points may be a little shortsighted. Time will tell.

I was at least happy to see the defense look more like a PSU defense with the aggression.
The smack talk after plays and stupid penalties gotta go. At least Franklin sees it as he noted in presser. Doesn't mean he can stop it....but he says he's trying. Since the inmates now run the asylum ....showboating rules

Reactions: bbrown

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
I wonder if he can catch a punt?

in all seriousness, could we see him line up as a fullback?
He doesn't need to line up as a fullback. On many running plays he is iso blocking a LB and others kicking out the defender outside the tackle's block. He is a modern fullback but not limited like a traditional FB set behind the QB In a 3 point stance.

• Love
Reactions: bbrown and Bison13

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
#1. Agree.
#2 Absolutely disagree. He's causing issues and OC and OL are scheming against him. I like him at DE and moving him about. Let him there.
#3. Warren is an AA and I don't care if he's our #1.
#4. Absolutely agree. Both Singleton and Allen were very good. I mean Allen was about a shoestring from breaking a 96 yard run.
#5. They were who I thought they were but I'll give them credit for playing us tougher than I thought they would. I don't like Bielema but he's a good coach.
#6. Yea they're pretty good. Traut has done a fantastic job and so has Howle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login