Random Thoughts on the State of State

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
1. Being a State fan has never been easy and never will be easy but I am a Bulldog til I die

2. We need to give CZA the benefit of the doubt because the man has been put into an extremely difficult situation that literally no major college football coach has ever experienced in modern history. So far the reality is he has kept a recruiting class together and won a bowl game. As far as assistant coaches go we can debate all day long whether he has made good hires or bad hires so far but the bottom line is only time will tell how this staff will work together. As far the OC position he went after what would have been a pretty big fish for us and it didn't work out. We still need to be patient for him to make the best hire possible and realize none of us really know what has transpired in the search. All we know is internet speculation. We should trust him because he has given us no reason not to.

3. Offensively the men's basketball team is not where any of us want them to be including Coach Jans and the team but once again we are going to have be patient with him and allow Jans some time to get some players in that can shoot. We know his teams will play strong defense but if he can get some players in that can score some points basketball will be fun again in the Hump.

4. The women's basketball team is also a work in progress but SP does have the potential to be a strong recruiter and he seems to have a phenomenal personality. I am rooting for him to do well but he seems at this point to be a good hire.

5. In baseball we have experienced the most MSU thing ever with us winning the NC one year and then not making the tournament the next year along with the stinkers up north winning it all. Recruiting seems to be strong but this year's team seems to have a few question marks. Also, it is a little baffling that the transfer portal hasn't helped us more than it has up to this point. But wth our facilities, fan base, and history there is no reason we shouldn't be consistently at the top and there is a lot of pressure on Lemonis to get us to that point. Hopefully, this year will be a step in that direction.

6. I know it's been difficult for our athletic department over the past several weeks but we need an AD soon who is a strong leader with national contacts and who is aggressive and willing to think outside the box. Hopefully, this hire gets made sooner than later.

7. This one is probably going to be unpopular but my opinion is that we as a fan base need to do better. Primarily we need to do better supporting our teams.Football attendance has been disappointing the past couple of years including at the bowl game considering everything that had transpired going into it. Basketball attendance has had extremely poor attendance. I know this is certainly understandable but if we want to help build our programs we must be there and be loud even through the down years and rebidding years. Also, while the internet is always going to be a place to debate and even vent when things don't go well, some of our fans need to learn how to control their emotions and not direct their frustrations directly at our athletes. I have seen some cringe worthy comments directed toward our players over the past couple of years and those kinds of things do nothing to help our teams get better or in the area of recruiting.

Well, I certainly didn't plan on this post being that long but then again I am a preacher and we are known to be a little long winded at times especially when it comes to the things that we love and while we might all disagree and even argue at times I truly believe that we all do have one thing in common and that is we love Mississippi State University.

Hail State!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login