Rapper Lil Romeo offered scholarship to USC...

3 and 9 record

His dad is Master P. Remember him? He was Ricky Williams' agent when Ricky signed the horrible rookie contract with the Saints. He was also a total toolshed on "Dancing With the Stars". Lil Romeo can't play ball for ****. I could beat Lil Romeo in a game of one-on-one. GUARANTEED.

Aug 30, 2006
The USC coach should have his head examined. If he believes Romeo is part of a package deal to get DeRozen, he should at least try to get Romeo to walk on. The kid is loaded with his own money & his daddy is loaded too. Just ask him to walk on so that the school can fund the education of another player that is financially needy. Romeo & Master P are Grade A *** holes if they accept that money as well.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
USC is really good at promoting their alumni- like Will Ferrell- and I'm sure that they will do the same with this guy. Think about it- every time he does a rap video, he's going to be decked out in SC Trojans gear. They will reap their scholarship money back two fold. It's called marketing your school.

I wish MSU promoted their athletes half as well as SC does. When we do have someone who does well, like Paps, our fans get pissed off at them for dropping the "D" word at a stupid banquet. Heck, I bet SC probably lets Will Ferrell run around naked at their alumni gathering and no one has a problem.

Aug 30, 2006
their school & their famous alumni. I agree that I wish MSU would do more to promote its famous alumni.
They will reap their scholarship money back two fold. It's called marketing your school.
What I have a problem with is offering a scholarship to someone who clearly doesn't need it financially and who clearly is not deserving of it athletically just because he is famous and can be another "face" of the school. Yes, they will recover their money most likely. However, there will be a player that will not have an opportunity to get an education at USC (a really good school) because he can't afford it. Yes, I realize that most likely this hypothetical player will get a scholarship to play ball somewhere else. However, it still irks me that USC is willing to waste a scholarship on someone who doesn't deserve it or need it just for publicity. Scholarships are supposed to be for those that deserve it either for their academic achievement or their athletic achievement. Just my opinion.

Low Down Dirty Dog

Mar 3, 2008
Article indicated Master P asked USC for the scholly and that Master P was the club team coach for DeRozen. Not sure why Master Jerk asked for the scholly, but I'm sure it's about ego, not $$$

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
is why a lot of people hate SC.

Although I will say that there are a lot of legacies at schools that get scholarships that are undeserved. Politics suck, but that's the way it is sometimes.

itawambadog

Oct 26, 2007
being a football school, well atleast when they play well, USC is looking at this kid as a way to sell more basketball tickets even if he is on the bench most of the time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login