Raymond James Stadium

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Really liked the stadium and was thinking about how a similar version would be perfect for us. Obviously can’t duplicate with our upper decks the way they are but an eventual enclosure of the SEZ with a similar setup would be nice. Smaller seating area then some sort of fan area/and unique concessions behind it. Was also nice to have a PA system that I could actually hear and understand.

Also any idea what the deal was with half the concessions in the club area being shut down?

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Really liked the stadium and was thinking about how a similar version would be perfect for us. Obviously can’t duplicate with our upper decks the way they are but an eventual enclosure of the SEZ with a similar setup would be nice. Smaller seating area then some sort of fan area/and unique concessions behind it. Was also nice to have a PA system that I could actually hear and understand.

Also any idea what the deal was with half the concessions in the club area being shut down?
A better stadium to aspire to is Jacksonville’s stadium. Better concourses and wider seats.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
IB was laying the groundwork to go to all chair backs and field level suites before he left. Not sure if it will still happen now.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Davis Wade isn’t much smaller than Raymond James in Tampa or TIAA in Jacksonville. DWS capacity is only 3,000-5,000 seats smaller.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Davis Wade isn’t much smaller than Raymond James in Tampa or TIAA in Jacksonville. DWS capacity is only 3,000-5,000 seats smaller.
Yeah, but they are also all chairback. When UNC went to all chairback they went from 63,000 to 51,000

Reactions: MedDawg and Dawgg

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Only because the Jags reduce seating capacity for NFL games. It seats 67,800 for NFL games, and expands to 82,000 for Georgia/Florida

Reactions: Dawgg

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Raymond James wasn't that nice at all. Chairbacks rock, but all NLF stadiums have that. The pirate ship and the shops/concessions behind look good from afar, but when you get it close it was pretty cheesy and needed a new coat of paint.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
OT but did anyone have luck finding cheap tickets? Did not attend this year, but checked Stubhub around an hour before game time and it did not look like any good deals were available this year, compared to the school tickets.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I got club tickets for $62 a piece inclusive of fees about a week and a half before. That’s about the best deal I saw.

on the stadium itself, I’m not comparing it to other NFL stadiums, more of a comparison to our similar seating capacity stadium with its limited amenities. Liked the design with the 3 tiers and how it held in the crowd noise.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
OT but did anyone have luck finding cheap tickets? Did not attend this year, but checked Stubhub around an hour before game time and it did not look like any good deals were available this year, compared to the school tickets.
You should’ve been able to find plenty of tickets available. Announced attendance was under 36,000. The lowest attended Hall of Fame/Outback/Reliaquest Bowl ever.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Nope. I bought them the morning of and paid $180ish for lower level.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
You should’ve been able to find plenty of tickets available. Announced attendance was under 36,000. The lowest attended Hall of Fame/Outback/Reliaquest Bowl ever.
Ticketmaster had plenty of unsold seats, but not tons available on 3rd party sites. just curious for future years how much they dropped. The club access and air conditioning was a ‘must have’ for the family last time we attended there.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
These were ticket prices Monday morning, looking for 2 and 4. It was similar last time. Plenty of empty seats but whatever they do with tickets - there's not a lot on the market. Maybe they give some to sponsors that can't be resold.

2 seats.JPG4 seats.JPG

pacificnwdawg

Oct 31, 2013
Nope. I bought them the morning of and paid $180ish for lower level.
I purposefully waited until day of the game thinking that attendance would be poor and the price would drop. They came down a little but never really dropped low. I finally bought at $110 for lower level behind MSU bench. Based on the empty seats, I am really confused as to why the price never came down. Maybe with the bowl games there are a lot of corporations and 3rd parties that hold the tickets so they don't go to much effort to unload them.

Reactions: aTotal360

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Before you say what we should do, go to Fort Worth. Tic’s stadium is perfect for our school. It’s an incredible smaller scale stadium. All chair backs, no lines at concessions or bathrooms, and ultra nice

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Raymond James met my expectations of a great stadium. All chairbacks, spacious parking all around the stadium, and escalators everywhere!

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I bought two from seat geek around 3am the morning of the game on a trip to the pisser for $97 each. 50 yd line row 4 of the upper deck. I think we paid around $79 last time for roughly the same seats on about the 30 yd line.

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
I bout 2 tickets at the stadium box office 20 minutes before the game. Lower level tix $80 each

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login