The guy I want to see get more touches is Xavier Gayten. I know he came in on mop up duty but he seemed to have an extra gear along with Booth.
Don’t forget about Whittemore’s reverse…I'm going to withhold opinion for now. Nothing excited me much about our running yesterday (except Coleman running back punts).
We did see one fumble several times though. Or, I think it was the same one to fumble at least twice. That's correctable so hopefully we won't see it anymore.Yeah, I noticed that too. I get that maybe our O line wasn’t just bulldozing through people, but it’s also not like our RBs were getting hit in the backfield or even the line of scrimmage very often. They’ve got to be better at finding lanes and falling forward for that extra 2-3 yards just like EKU’s guy was doing all night. Well, at least until 4th down
I didnt see much power, vision, or speed from any of our backs til late in the game
Bump. He is going to be a good one...assuming he stays.The guy I want to see get more touches is Xavier Gayten. I know he came in on mop up duty but he seemed to have an extra gear along with Booth.
He did the right things. Possession RB. Wasn't afraid to block.I’d still like to understand how Lee was RB1 to start the season.
I was surprise with the the second gear with all three of the RB's.
You're not completely wrong, but Gayten does have a gear the others do not.I don't think that would look like a 2nd gear against an SEC defense.
I'm fine if I'm wrong.
You'd be incorrect, he ran a 10.9 100M in HS, he can go and he's a good size RB too.I don't think that would look like a 2nd gear against an SEC defense.
I'm fine if I'm wrong.
it would most certainly look like second gear against an SEC defense. Of course its because hes got a 4 speed transmission! The last player I can recall that could pull away from anyone was kevin prentiss(sp). Not saying the kid isn't faster than the others but he aint taking one to the house against SEC teams.I don't think that would look like a 2nd gear against an SEC defense.
I'm fine if I'm wrong.
You'd be incorrect, he ran a 10.9 100M in HS, he can go and he's a good size RB too.
it would most certainly look like second gear against an SEC defense. Of course its because hes got a 4 speed transmission! The last player I can recall that could pull away from anyone was kevin prentiss(sp). Not saying the kid isn't faster than the others but he aint taking one to the house against SEC teams.
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
Rivals Football Recruiting
No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
Rivals Football Recruiting
How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
Maroon and White Football
"No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense