Realignment opinion

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
In case any of you are afraid that MSU will be kicked out of the SEC in the future. Here is why I think we’re safe. Let’s say that State and Vandy get the boot within the next 5 years (these two teams are who the media would say needed to go), and the SEC adds North Carolina and Miami. This all looks great on paper, but not everyone can win games every year. The losses will pile up for some teams over the years and then the media will say kick x and y team out of the conference. First it’s State and Vandy, then it’s Arkansas and Missouri, then it’s Ole Miss and Kentucky, etc. The low to middle tier schools in the big conferences are still valuable because they provide wins for the big boys and people watch their games.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dumb thread. We won't be kicked out. The elites may leave us 30 years from now, but we're not getting kicked out.

Enjoy the money.

Reactions: Dawgg

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Show me where I said we were leaving and where I said we were a doormat.
The low to middle tier schools in the big conferences are still valuable because they provide wins for the big boys and people watch their games.
We're not just "a win for the big boys" anymore. Haven't been for a decade now. We're able to and have been competing every single week of the season no matter who is in front of us.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We are founding members of the SEC!! Some chose to leave-Suwanne, GA Tech (who was too good for us), and Tulane. I seriously doubt that the conference will ever get so big for its britches that it will start asking teams to leave. That is social media ******** of the highest order.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Show me where I said we were leaving and where I said we were a doormat.
You brought up a made up fear that we will be kicked out of the sec. That’s never going to happen.
Then you brought up that our only value to the sec is that we are here to get beat up by the “big boys”. Over the past 15 years we are 6th in the sec in wins. Also only UGA and Alabama have a longer active bowl streak than us

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
IF (and that's a huge IF) the SEC decided they were going to try and kick teams out, how in the blue 17 are we one of the first two to be kicked? We're an original founding member for 17 sake.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
In case any of you are afraid that MSU will be kicked out of the SEC in the future. Here is why I think we’re safe. Let’s say that State and Vandy get the boot within the next 5 years (these two teams are who the media would say needed to go), and the SEC adds North Carolina and Miami. This all looks great on paper, but not everyone can win games every year. The losses will pile up for some teams over the years and then the media will say kick x and y team out of the conference. First it’s State and Vandy, then it’s Arkansas and Missouri, then it’s Ole Miss and Kentucky, etc. The low to middle tier schools in the big conferences are still valuable because they provide wins for the big boys and people watch their games.
We are still a top 30 revenue team, money is all that matters.

Reactions: RiceDawg

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
Dude… the sec invited Missouri in. I think Mississippi State is safe. Vanderbilt is safe as they are a founding member- unfortunately.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login