Really solid reading on Sixpack this morning.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The difference in not seeing BS like this is striking when you switch to a browser not owned by a corporate giant.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The difference in not seeing BS like this is striking when you switch to a browser not owned by a corporate giant.

I’m really liking the switch the Brave

Conversely, the difference in search results is striking when you use Brave's search product...and it isnt a positive difference.
For as bad as Google's search has become over the last 8 years, and it is objectively worse based on studies, it is still lightyears ahead of the crap that Brave provided me during the week I used the Brave search feature.
That was like stepping back in time a couple decades and using Ask Jeeves, HotBot, or Infoseek.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Conversely, the difference in search results is striking when you use Brave's search product...and it isnt a positive difference.
For as bad as Google's search has become over the last 8 years, and it is objectively worse based on studies, it is still lightyears ahead of the crap that Brave provided me during the week I used the Brave search feature.
That was like stepping back in time a couple decades and using Ask Jeeves, HotBot, or Infoseek.
Try Lycos***

Reactions: mstateglfr

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I would expect Google to be better at search. It's what made them Google.

But they've ruined it for me with too much revenue chasing and agenda pushing. I can find what I want using various engines. Google is just not worth it.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Just yesterday decided I'd use Chrome for awhile on the phone I've had it sleeping in background for years. This is what I'm seeing now. Chrome doesn't allow Ad Blocks on mobile so it is going back to sleepView attachment 624038

I use safari and some version of ad blocker. I don’t get this stuff. On3 had it ruined for a while because it wouldn’t let me login with ad blocker enabled. I whitelisted it long enough to log in but had to quickly undo that because I couldn’t handle the ads.
I shouldn’t be saying this, next thing you know they’ll be requiring daily login or something.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just yesterday decided I'd use Chrome for awhile on the phone I've had it sleeping in background for years. This is what I'm seeing now. Chrome doesn't allow Ad Blocks on mobile so it is going back to sleepView attachment 624038

None of these applications will stop these political ads I keep getting. I don't see any political ads, but it doesn't matter if I block them or not they keep showing up.

Reactions: Chesusdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
None of these applications will stop these political ads I keep getting. I don't see any political ads, but it doesn't matter if I block them or not they keep showing up.

Use Duck Duck Go. Even if only for Sixpack. You will basically never see BS ads you don't want to see.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
2nd endorsement for brave bowser - a game changer. the search is adequate and not google propaganda. i don’t have idea what popups you guys talk about

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

the anti trust conviction they just received agrees with you. Not only are they the best, they're a monopoly which is why there are no good alternatives. I'd dump google everything if it was even possible. They're good at what they do.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Hey don't be talking down Crocs, best damn yard shoes ev-uh
christmas vacation GIF by hero0fwar

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login