Reasons why Foxhall survives past Sunday night….

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Let’s discuss.

(Spoiler: there are none)
We can't pitch, but we can't field or hit either. Lemonis! He's the one that needs to go.

it was obvious last year... goat told me I was dumb to say he wouldn't turn it around this season though. Lemonis is AIDS

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We can't pitch, but we can't field or hit either. Lemonis! He's the one that needs to go.

it was obvious last year... goat told me I was dumb to say he wouldn't turn it around this season though. Lemonis is AIDS
They’ll all be gone by the end of the season, no doubt. But we can’t employ Foxhall any longer without making fools of ourselves.

I sat by Fristoes parents in Arlington in 2021…. They raved over Foxhall. Fristoe literally peaked in his first ever start that day and was a dumpster fire after that. All on Fox. And his cro magnon mug was in every natty picture I ever saw, but that’s beside the point.

We couldn’t do any worse at all without a pitching coach at this point.

Lemonis is pulling every rabbit out of the hat that he can. Which is something Cholk or Cohen wouldn’t do. I appreciate that, but he is responsible for where we are. He’ll be gone soon, but dammit I’m ready to cut bait with Fox.

Reactions: Mjoelner

kired

Aug 22, 2008

Our hitting is not terrible. Not the best but not the worst. Hell, even Clark and Lane are hitting near .280-.300 despite everyone complaining they haven’t improved since 2021.

Pitching - it’s been worst in the SEC for two years now. ERA over 6 for second year. There’s literally no explanation for not firing him tonight.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Our hitting is not terrible. Not the best but not the worst. Hell, even Clark and Lane are hitting near .280-.300 despite everyone complaining they haven’t improved since 2021.

Pitching - it’s been worst in the SEC for two years now. ERA over 6 for second year. There’s literally no explanation for not firing him tonight.

We're the worst fielding team in the sec by far. Who hired/retained foxhall? We've lost 16 straight sec games with a run differential over 100. The buck stops with... foxhall, I guess.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
We're the worst fielding team in the sec by far. Who hired/retained foxhall? We've lost 16 straight sec games with a run differential over 100. The buck stops with... foxhall, I guess.
I’m not arguing in support of Lemonis, and our fielding is definitely an embarrassment. But there’s no excuse for keeping an assistant coach who is literally doing the worst job in the league. He has one job and he’s failing miserably

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
We need a jolt. Dismissing the pitching coach is the first one. We can't get worse than it is. Let Cheese call pitches. He was a catcher, right? Put Jake or heck Lemonis at 3rd. Get coach Polk to fill in.
WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE now.

• Love
Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We need a jolt. Dismissing the pitching coach is the first one. We can't get worse than it is. Let Cheese call pitches. He was a catcher, right? Put Jake or heck Lemonis at 3rd. Get coach Polk to fill in.
WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE now.
Agreed 100%. We have to make a statement that our program won’t tolerate this. Foxhall is the lowest hanging fruit on a dead tree.

We won’t turn anything around, but we have nothing to lose. We have to make sure we showcase the gross incompetence that sLem and his coaches have laid out and that it won’t fly here. Bonus points, it will also further show what a disaster of an AD Cohen was.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Until we start paying pitchers what LSU, Tenn, Vandy, etc are paying them in package deals then there's nothing to discuss here.
We had a good portal class, but we swung and missed on the big guns to Lootie. Still, we are in no position to be THIS BAD without incompetence from the top down in our coaching staff.

I’m actually excited for next year, assuming Selmon does his job. Chizik and his gang will be in the rear view, and I can’t imagine too many players being loyal to him and leaving.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
One more thing, as I stood in the back of the crowd at the Ron Polk Ring of Honor ceremony, this morning, it was painful to me to hear Dr. Keenum and Zac Selmon talk about MS State historic excellence in college baseball, and the day before, we were beaten 26-3 by Vanderbilt. How did we get to this point? This cannot continue.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
I’m not arguing in support of Lemonis, and our fielding is definitely an embarrassment. But there’s no excuse for keeping an assistant coach who is literally doing the worst job in the league. He has one job and he’s failing miserably
We're the only sec team to not score 6 in an sec game yet too
Until we start paying pitchers what LSU, Tenn, Vandy, etc are paying them in package deals then there's nothing to discuss here.
Guess we don't pay what any sec school pays considering we're historically bad. Yeah, it's our (fans) fault, not the ones running the program

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I don’t know but it seems that everybody on the team is disgusted with our pitching and has decided “What’s the use?” to try anymore. We have the worst pitching performance I’ve ever seen at MSU and I’ve been watching for about 50 years. There may have been worse years but I don’t remember them. Ron Polk says hitting is contagious. So is a losing attitude. It won’t get turned around this year - or ever if we keep the same coaching staff.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Jay Powell is available. I think Coach Fox is done.

One thing, Vandy is very good. They have studs pitching and fielding. Let’s not dismiss who we are playing.
So Kentucky had studs pitching too? That argument won't hold water. We're bad. And besides, giving up an average of 18 runs per SEC game is the problem. Not the other teams pitchers..

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Jay Powell is available. I think Coach Fox is done.

One thing, Vandy is very good. They have studs pitching and fielding. Let’s not dismiss who we are playing.
Take that lame arse argument away from here, we've lost 16 straight SEC games, again, 16 consecutive over the last 2 seasons. What does that have to do with "Vandy studs" Explain that please we're waiting.....

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Told y'all so last year. Now we will have to come off at least 2mil dollars for a coach willing to take over this dumpster fire. Plus a lot of money for assistants.

Frankly I say lets 17 John Cohen and bring Butch Thompson back.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Told y'all so last year. Now we will have to come off at least 2mil dollars for a coach willing to take over this dumpster fire. Plus a lot of money for assistants.
Plus a lot of money for players.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

Missouri kicked our *** last season. One of the games would have been a 10 run rule *** kicking had that rule been in place.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The Three Bucketeers are all fired end of year. Damn shame nobody has the sack to bust Foxhall's *** this weekend. He's got no business pretending to be a coach.

Reactions: eckie1

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If they both aren't gone by seasons end, selmon don't have balls or the money guys don't.

Buyout should be $2.5 million - whatever he gets from a new job. That’s certainly manageable and will not be a problem at all. Don’t worry about the money guys.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Maybe Vandy team will come down with mass diarrhea. It could happened.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023

Agree. 11 hits against that team today isnt bad. I counted at least 4 other hits that the human vacuum cleaner, Mr Bradfield tracked down that were hard hit balls.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login