Rebels succumb to the throne recruiting tactic

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I really hope the NFL expands to about 400 teams. Otherwise some of these players will have to enter the real world eventually and find out how important they actually are.
I wonder how many of these kids will actually get some kind/any kind of education compared to the pre NIL/portal/multiple transfer days ? Or will it be basically just the same joke it's always been.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I really hope the NFL expands to about 400 teams. Otherwise some of these players will have to enter the real world eventually and find out how important they actually are.

Whaddya mean, they're all setting up NIL funded trust funds for their future grandchildren.

That, or we should find out who the best producers of rims are and invest big.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Whaddya mean, they're all setting up NIL funded trust funds for their future grandchildren.

That, or we should find out who the best producers of rims are and invest big.
I have a cousin that owns part of a rent to own rim place that makes stupid amounts of money.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
America needs more Car Wash attendants and Dollar General needs more shelf stockers! But they will not find jobs at fast food places because they are all going to kiosks and robot grillers and fry flippers.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Marking money off of dumbasses financing wheels for their car *IS* the American dream.
Before we married, my wife managed a Rent To Own Furniture and Appliance place. It was insane the amount Of money going through that place and a large portion of it was cash. The repo guys delivered and repoed for a flat fee, those guys were taking home $1000-$1500 a week back in the 80’s. A NASCAR pit crew can change four wheels in seconds, it wouldn’t take a repo guy much longer in a WalMart parking lot.

Reactions: patdog

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Marking money off of dumbasses financing wheels for their car *IS* the American dream.
Ha! Reminds me of this guy who used to sell cars in Starkville. A friend of mine got a job with him cleaning cars. I went to see my friend one day but he was out on a repo job with another guy. The owner told me we could wait on him in his office. We went into his office where he promptly threw me a beer and started describing his business. He pointed to the lot and said "I've sold every car out there at least 4 times. Everybody thinks Christmas comes once a year. For me, it comes once a month".

Reactions: patdog and garddog

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Technically that’s not a throne. It’s a High Back Tufted Queen Anne chair.
Dawgbite with a "well actually" correction on furniture styles!** SPS truly covers it all.

Had to have been taken at "The Scruggs Home at Ole Miss", right?. Already getting a return on that investment.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Ha! Reminds me of this guy who used to sell cars in Starkville. A friend of mine got a job with him cleaning cars. I went to see my friend one day but he was out on a repo job with another guy. The owner told me we could wait on him in his office. We went into his office where he promptly threw me a beer and started describing his business. He pointed to the lot and said "I've sold every car out there at least 4 times. Everybody thinks Christmas comes once a year. For me, it comes once a month".
Yep, the down payment is non refundable. They have clauses in the contracts that they can reposses after 60 days. 1 missed payment plus 1 month to catch it up. Down payment usually covers the cost they have in the car.

Reactions: patdog

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Dawgbite with a "well actually" correction on furniture styles!** SPS truly covers it all.

Had to have been taken at "The Scruggs Home at Ole Miss", right?. Already getting a return on that investment.
They probably played Watch the High Back Tufted Queen Anne Chair to get him pumped for the picture

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have a cousin that owns part of a rent to own rim place that makes stupid amounts of money.
I bet the Black Shark Land Bears did "rent to own" on that throne, or got it out of Dickie Scruggs place when he moved out

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Aight, we need some repo specifics from Cuz. Do they take the tires when they repo the rims? Do the bust the tires off the rims and leave them leaned against the car. Do they leave the car on blocks or do they put some old pull offs on it? Inquiring minds want to know!

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Well, how would you repo a set of rims?

Obviously it's being done. It's just not obvious to me how best to do it.
VERY solid point. I guess like a 17ing pit stop. And if I were guessing . I would guess that most anyone renting to own a set of rims would be a Jacksonite. And those Jacksonites really are a handful.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Aight, we need some repo specifics from Cuz. Do they take the tires when they repo the rims? Do the bust the tires off the rims and leave them leaned against the car. Do they leave the car on blocks or do they put some old pull offs on it? Inquiring minds want to know!
They take the rims and tires, leaving the car on blocks. Then they remove the tires and the customer can come pick them up.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
VERY solid point. I guess like a 17ing pit stop. And if I were guessing . I would guess that most anyone renting to own a set of rims would be a Jacksonite. And those Jacksonites really are a handful.
Montgomery, AL. Think Jackson 10 years ago.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They take the rims and tires, leaving the car on blocks. Then they remove the tires and the customer can come pick them up.

Nice. Kinda like repo'ing a vehicle and letting them come pick up there belongings.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I bet that’s the guy that wouldn’t sell me a used truck because he said “you look like a responsible fella that would pay your bills”. Pissed the younger me off, but the older me gets that there are alternative economies.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login