Rebs are angry

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Arnett & co. got another big signature with Jonathan Davis. Reading the tea leaves it looked like Kiffin wanted to make a statement with Davis since Arnett’s comments regarding MS recruiting, and Kiffin’s poor performance in this area lately.

I think we’re going to see OM’s efforts going after our players / recruits really intensify in the spring since they didn’t get their self-esteem recruiting win over us this cycle.

As a side note, I’m very impressed with Arnett’s approach so far in recruiting. Davis is a project but you can’t teach 6-5 305 with his speed. This could be another Preston Smith type diamond in the rough.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They can't have it both ways. They go after the portal and the highest ranking MS players (to win the press conference).

And I agree they'll likely use that same portal to go after our guys. But I just can't imagine why any of our guys would want to go there, there is a difference between their 'type' and our 'type'. I mean truth be known, Fabian Lovett, Jarrian Jones and Malik Heath should have been at Ole Miss to begin with. It's their type of place.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Nobody knows how their signees will turn out but their Avg rating is in the low 90's which is elite compared to our high 87's & low 88's. We won out on the numbers but I'm thinking tsun is still thinking portal. I watched James' film and he's really fast for a big guy who also seems to have good feet / spin moves but does anyone know the level of competition he played against? Those guys he was playing against seemed undersized. I'm usually a sunshine pumper but I'm just seeing things differently regarding this subject. The Hoops melt on Nafoom is worth a look see.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
They can't have it both ways. They go after the portal and the highest ranking MS players (to win the press conference).

And I agree they'll likely use that same portal to go after our guys. But I just can't imagine why any of our guys would want to go there, there is a difference between their 'type' and our 'type'. I mean truth be known, Fabian Lovett, Jarrian Jones and Malik Heath should have been at Ole Miss to begin with. It's their type of place.
Yep, I'll take blue collar lunch pail toters VS Bow Ties, coke and hookers.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Not sure if any of you watched Arnett’s press conference but he mentioned there will be a healthy amount of off the field recruiting hires announced in the next couple of days. I know a lot of posters on here think recruiting is dumb, but it’s only dumb if your coaching staff isn’t fully invested.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Arnett & co. got another big signature with Jonathan Davis. Reading the tea leaves it looked like Kiffin wanted to make a statement with Davis since Arnett’s comments regarding MS recruiting, and Kiffin’s poor performance in this area lately.

I think we’re going to see OM’s efforts going after our players / recruits really intensify in the spring since they didn’t get their self-esteem recruiting win over us this cycle.

As a side note, I’m very impressed with Arnett’s approach so far in recruiting. Davis is a project but you can’t teach 6-5 305 with his speed. This could be another Preston Smith type diamond in the rough.
Sounds like one more thing added to the 9 millions Buyers Remorse tears.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Well, they are beating us on the ratings average. Their player average is 89.2 while ours is 87.5 so according to the rating services they are getting the better players. I've always enjoyed the underDAWG attitude anyway. It is great bulletin board material before the Egg Bowl. Kiffin gives you plenty of bulletin board stuff.

Aug 22, 2012
Well, they are beating us on the ratings average. Their player average is 89.2 while ours is 87.5 so according to the rating services they are getting the better players. I've always enjoyed the underDAWG attitude anyway. It is great bulletin board material before the Egg Bowl. Kiffin gives you plenty of bulletin board stuff.
what's the skill gap between players when the average margin is 1.7?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Nobody knows how their signees will turn out but their Avg rating is in the low 90's which is elite compared to our high 87's & low 88's. We won out on the numbers but I'm thinking tsun is still thinking portal. I watched James' film and he's really fast for a big guy who also seems to have good feet / spin moves but does anyone know the level of competition he played against? Those guys he was playing against seemed undersized. I'm usually a sunshine pumper but I'm just seeing things differently regarding this subject. The Hoops melt on Nafoom is worth a look see.
If you believe in that ranking nonsense, sure, let's worry about average rating. We have defensive linemen and corners all over the league right now

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Can't teach size and speed, hopefully we can teach him technique. If I'm someone like James, I gotta look at Cox, Jones, and Simmons and figure State is my best shot at making the NFL.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I think the difference between us and them going forward will be depth. I just don't see how you can build a sustainable depth chart signing so few HS players. And while they have a lot of guys transfer in they are having a lot of guys transfer out.

drumrcraig

Aug 22, 2012
Not sure if any of you watched Arnett’s press conference but he mentioned there will be a healthy amount of off the field recruiting hires announced in the next couple of days. I know a lot of posters on here think recruiting is dumb, but it’s only dumb if your coaching staff isn’t fully invested.
Maybe that is where the money savings is going between him taking less money than Leach. We initially thought it might be for a top notch OC, but maybe he said that this is the priority to get beefed up.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
They can’t hold on to defensive talent though. Highly likely they’ll lose Perkins to the portal after a year or two given their track record. We are typically the team with a better balanced talent profile. The 247 team talent stats are always comparable. Both teams are always between 86.5-87.5 for their average player rating.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
They can’t hold on to defensive talent though. Highly likely they’ll lose Perkins to the portal after a year or two given their track record. We are typically the team with a better balanced talent profile. The 247 team talent stats are always comparable. Both teams are always between 86.5-87.5 for their average player rating.

Here's Ole Miss's problem when it comes to defense:

kakiDawg

Aug 31, 2012

Attachments

• 050849C4-0350-48EA-968E-3D2C074687B2.jpeg
    050849C4-0350-48EA-968E-3D2C074687B2.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 20

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
Which site did you see the anger? I could only find Davis mentioned on one site and there were only 3 posts about him. The last 2 were; "Davis signed with State", and literally the only comment was "bummer, not surprised". I don't think they are as broke up about it as you think. They are hoping to get some help in the portal I suppose.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Can't teach size and speed, hopefully we can teach him technique. If I'm someone like James, I gotta look at Cox, Jones, and Simmons and figure State is my best shot at making the NFL.
Ok....I'm behind....what James are we discussing??

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Which site did you see the anger? I could only find Davis mentioned on one site and there were only 3 posts about him. The last 2 were; "Davis signed with State", and literally the only comment was "bummer, not surprised". I don't think they are as broke up about it as you think. They are hoping to get some help in the portal I suppose.
www.eggbowl.com

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Did somebody say f**k those dudes on this website. That’s all that needs to be said.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I mean arnett does not look like the type to be 17ed with. Dude even looks like a pissed off bulldog. Like if you had to pick a coach says bulldog I mean you probably pick Arnett or Polk.
**** those reb bastardss. The dealing with the bulldog now!

Reactions: Old Fart Dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login