Recruiting has fallen off a cliff under this staff

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Unfortunately there’s been an undercurrent of people that think we are loaded with NIL money and we are somehow going to revamp the roster with transfers and some jucos. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Clue me in on the Peterson thing. What's the problem with this guy?
He was on staff with Moorhead I think Mullen also. Former Brandon high school coach. Leach got rid of him. He is well tied in to me. I think he too Emericks spot as basically GM of football but his college experience is very limited. He basically made all of our hires with arnett and is in arnetts ear on the sideline a lot. I haven't noticed it lately. He's better with high school relations which is what he did before. Some used to push for him to get an on the field spot years ago.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If Leach fired him he isn't good. Personally I don't think this staff has any idea how to evaluate talent. The guys they brought in thru the portal haven't seen the field. Pittman is the only guy that has played really. I might be wrong but Bellazar has not contributed has he ? Maybe Key has. I can't name another contributor but as crappy as the DBs are you can't tell me Rogers or Jones can't get on the field. I know the guy from KY is injured. But c'mon....you gotta hit on these guys

Reactions: darkhorse_dan

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
If Leach fired him he isn't good. Personally I don't think this staff has any idea how to evaluate talent. The guys they brought in thru the portal haven't seen the field. Pittman is the only guy that has played really. I might be wrong but Bellazar has not contributed has he ? Maybe Key has. I can't name another contributor but as crappy as the DBs are you can't tell me Rogers or Jones can't get on the field. I know the guy from KY is injured. But c'mon....you gotta hit on these guys
Not that this matters, but Pittman was an in-state Juco signee. The staff completely whiffed on all the transfer portal signees.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How much NIL money is there? I have not donated. Do you have to donate to be in the know?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

Bellazar is redshirting.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He was on staff with Moorhead I think Mullen also. Former Brandon high school coach. Leach got rid of him. He is well tied in to me. I think he too Emericks spot as basically GM of football but his college experience is very limited. He basically made all of our hires with arnett and is in arnetts ear on the sideline a lot. I haven't noticed it lately. He's better with high school relations which is what he did before. Some used to push for him to get an on the field spot years ago.
Story that was going around was Peterson got his 20+ years in the MS Employee retirement system after being a coach in the HS and then ranks here and left so he could double dip on retirement and another job. Evidently happens a lot w/ state employees, they take a "consulting" role w/ a company and draw a salary there and retirement from the state. He went to work for an architectural firm on the coast that does athletic facility and stadium work and he was hired for his contacts w/ high schools that may be renovating or adding sports facilities. I never heard he was fired or run off by Leach. Just the unverified story I heard....

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I wouldn’t say cliff, more like a medium height ledge. Let’s not act like we were pulling in top 8 SEC classes in the last 15 years.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I just saw where we offered a '24 lineman with Arky St, SEMO and juco offers. Arnett is going to saddle us with a class ranked in the 50s or 60s before he's done!
Get the recruits only the smaller schools want and you only have to put in a fraction of the work and spend less money. It's a brilliant strategy!

Think of all the money we'll save plus all the energy the coaches will have on gameday!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login