Recruiting Questions:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’m not really big into recruiting but I noticed that we had some commitments coming in this week and I was just curious as to you guys opinions on recruiting now that the landscape has changed.

1. Did our recruiting just pick up this week and what are the remaining prospects we want?

2. With the NIL are the days of us occasionally landing a high level 4 star or 5 star over?

Enquiring minds want to know

Asking for a friend

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
They were all expected to commit at some point. They had the last Top Dawg camp Friday and that's why these 3 committed. And several of the guys committed will be 4 star players by seasons end. I know they are ready for Parson to commit and a couple more WR and DL.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That is what I thought. It wasn’t very long ago that I read several bitching posts about recruiting. I’m just wondering why we didn’t say anything about that with the other two threads talking about the sky falling. I know it’s the chic thing to ***** constantly in today’s world and we will never have a stable of 5 stars lining up to sign soon but at least we have some kids that still want to wear maroon and white.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Some people live for recruiting, others don't. For guys like me recruiting
is a necessary evil. I don't follow it, never have, and couldn't care less about it and don't want to even hear about it until the starting lineup is announced. Since the free transfer portal has opened and players are free to come and go almost at will expect others to feel the same.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
It's amazing we got 4 new commits this weekend so far and no one comments on a Miss State forum.

in this day and time...I will withhold my recruiting excitement to when they are at their first practice....there's just tooo many things that can happen in between the commitment and actually playing for MSU

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Someone needs to post about it to let others know, especially during this slow sports time and a time with others are picking up guys. This is my State recruiting site. If it's mentioned elsewhere, I wouldn't know.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
There is no doubt a thousand variables, but it's still exciting to me. They may flip before signing and yes they may go in the portal the first year. They might be a low 3 star and develop into an amazing player or be a high four and a huge bust. But never the less it is part of State football and I enjoy all aspects of it.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I love that we seem to getting the best OL in the State and seem to be in the running for lots of the better players. Leach will have QBs and WRs but State’s defense has been built in MS players.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I think they are doing a pretty decent job all around but definitely on the OL. I feel like if the team could put together a 9 or 10 win season or two it would really improve.

campshelbydog842003

Sep 25, 2013
Someone needs to post about it to let others know, especially during this slow sports time and a time with others are picking up guys. This is my State recruiting site. If it's mentioned elsewhere, I wouldn't know.

All due respect, the recruiting guys who do it for a living count on people not putting their premium information on other sites. I understand that it’s gonna get out eventually and not that big a deal to most people but it’s how they make a living. Don’t mean to be an *** or a buzz kill.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
It's pretty easy to look at all the info on Gene's Page and it's the only football news available so I like to keep up with it. We rarely lose a commit but yeah, don't follow it if ya don't want to. Just flip the TV on see who is playing....lol

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's pretty easy to look at all the info on Gene's Page and it's the only football news available so I like to keep up with it. We rarely lose a commit but yeah, don't follow it if ya don't want to. Just flip the TV on see who is playing....lol

I have not looked at that site in years and I don’t plan on starting now.

I just wonder if DS could pin a thread at the top that anyone could add to during the year even if it is a link to somewhere else.

Speaking of DS,,, DS do we need to have a fund raiser for the SixPack website?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login