Recruiting rankings drop

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
the simpsons episode 3 GIF

Reactions: drumrcraig
Aug 22, 2012
This happens every year. Do we have a 24/7 guy in Starkville that can look at this through the years and make a case here? Maybe one of you spreadsheet wizards can put one together. I agree that is old and is bull

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This happens every year. Do we have a 24/7 guy in Starkville that can look at this through the years and make a case here? Maybe one of you spreadsheet wizards can put one together. I agree that is old and is bull
If this happens a lot, it’s bc of customer base. 24/7 won’t give a $h1t until we have as many paying members as other schools.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Other teams are loading up. We shot our wad. Got nothing to do with drops in our guys. They get evaluated again.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I bought a Powerball ticket. If I win, we'll be in good shape. I'll make us top 15 and we're winning another Natty in baseball. Anyway, top 30 or top 25 is not bad.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It is going to go up and down until signing day. We just need to finish top 30 or better and we will be ok.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Why would they be reevaluated? It’s not like they’ve done anything recently to move up or down.
Sometimes it’s a matter of they haven’t evaluated everyone.

John Doe hasn’t been evaluated by sites. He gets an offer from usc and ucla bc of camps. People get film. They evaluate him to make him a 5 star. That bumps a 5 star down and a 4 star down.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Here yall go again, freaking out over how many imaginary stars a 16 or 17 year old kid has printed beside his name. Which, by the way those stars were placed there by the Yancy Porters of the world for goodness sake. Who gives a rats arse how many imaginary stars they have, they can play or they can't and we won't know until at least the Fall of next year. Chill.................

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Have we ever had a class with avg rating of .89 per player? That's what I pay closer attention to.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Here yall go again, freaking out over how many imaginary stars a 16 or 17 year old kid has printed beside his name. Which, by the way those stars were placed there by the Yancy Porters of the world for goodness sake. Who gives a rats arse how many imaginary stars they have, they can play or they can't and we won't know until at least the Fall of next year. Chill.................
I agree with you in the real world... the only problem is that some of those 16 or 17 year olds do pay attention to the rankings. So it can affect us with some guys. Not that there's anything that can really be done, but that part of it does suck and is an obstacle we have to overcome in recruiting.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
Some of these kids pick up on that fact too. If they commit to State they will be punished. And yes it matters to them. Any competitive person wants a higher grade. Its total BS and it happens every year.
How is this punishment? They're still the same player.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
How is it punishment? Seriously ? I guess you don't care what your performance evaluation says or what grades your kids get in school ?
Huh? An A is an A and a 31 is a 31. They don't get stars, man. Horrible comparison.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
How is it punishment? Seriously ? I guess you don't care what your performance evaluation says or what grades your kids get in school ?
But, to answer the question, No I do not care what grades thy get.
I used to get judged in literature by the question "What was the main character thinking" Do I judge my kids based upon how they answer that question? Nope.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I agree with you in the real world... the only problem is that some of those 16 or 17 year olds do pay attention to the rankings. So it can affect us with some guys. Not that there's anything that can really be done, but that part of it does suck and is an obstacle we have to overcome in recruiting.
Its up to them prove their worth this Fall on the field, we can't do it for them. If they slide after this Fall, thats on them. If they "gain a star", they can claim that for themselves too. Its up to them

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
How is this punishment? They're still the same player.
Recruits take pride in their recruiting ranking. Not only that, recruits want to be on a winning team.

We should absolutely want our recruiting classes to be ranked fairly. The people who try to argue that these things are meaningless are failing to see the forest for the trees.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Recruits take pride in their recruiting ranking. Not only that, recruits want to be on a winning team.

We should absolutely want our recruiting classes to be ranked fairly. The people who try to argue that these things are meaningless are failing to see the forest for the trees.
They are just communists

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login