Recruiting

77Dog

Nov 27, 2022
Not trying to bring doom and gloom or be a Debbie Downer on this beautiful day, but. I know it's still early and anything can happen between now and signing day, but, does anyone else feel like we are getting our tails handed to us on the recruiting trail? This is supposedly the deepest class of in-state prospects in a long time and it feels like we are losing. Yes, we got commitments from two (2) of the top wide receivers, but IMHO, where the current roster is lacking the most is D-Line and looks like Mississippi is getting the top 2-3 in-state in this class. Will they now be considered DLU??

Am I concerned about nothing? Anyone else feel this way? Hoping things change between now and signing day.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Not trying to bring doom and gloom or be a Debbie Downer on this beautiful day, but. I know it's still early and anything can happen between now and signing day, but, does anyone else feel like we are getting our tails handed to us on the recruiting trail? This is supposedly the deepest class of in-state prospects in a long time and it feels like we are losing. Yes, we got commitments from two (2) of the top wide receivers, but IMHO, where the current roster is lacking the most is D-Line and looks like Mississippi is getting the top 2-3 in-state in this class. Will they now be considered DLU??

Am I concerned about nothing? Anyone else feel this way? Hoping things change between now and signing day.
Are you, Mr New Member? Are you? 🤔

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Last year we did pretty good on the DL. They still have hopes of getting Kam Beavers. We do need one or two along the DL but it does suck they grabbed the top 3. I'm sure our coaches have a plan

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Coffee Cooking GIF by Holly Logan

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

No
Franklin is pretty good but Rush isn't good and neither is Beavers. We're looking to add several portal guys. We only have a couple HS spots left really.

Reactions: Tripp McNeely

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Don't know if you're "for real" or not but unless State's NIL program somehow wins a lottery the days of us making significant signing day headlines are long gone. Doesn't mean we can't compete and win but we're just going to have to do it another way.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
My daughter’s car wouldn’t crank last night after the Gautier vs Gulfport game. I was hoping a bad battery, but pulled and tested it this morning. Nope, the 17n alternator apparently is bad…

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Don't know if you're "for real" or not but unless State's NIL program somehow wins a lottery the days of us making significant signing day headlines are long gone. Doesn't mean we can't compete and win but we're just going to have to do it another way.
It's already improving. We won't ever be tops but we won't be as bad as some people attempt to sell.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Kermit GIF

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Nope. It’s just you. Especially not worried about Ole Miss suddenly learning how to develop and make the most out of players. They love “winning” recruiting day more than they care about games. Stokes their fragile egos

Aug 31, 2012
Man..Yall some mean M17’s, treating a rookie like this. Is this how you treated your wife, girlfriend, or in some of Yall’s case , your significant other?

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
We have no recruiting momentum right now and honestly Kiffin is making our staff look like amateurs on the recruiting trail. I know it’s early but we had a big push after big dawg camp and there’s been silence since. I’ve heard with NIL program is focused on retaining players which is great currently but at some point we will have to recruit enough talent that they’re worth retaining. Currently we’re not there.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I will begin to worry about recruiting when we begin to miss bowl games.

I've read a lot of handwringing threads about recruiting over the last decade. And we've won a lot of football games.

I'd rather obsess over the games and let somebody else get their jollies analyzing recruiting. I'm rarely interested.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012

No reason to panic yet. Lets see how the season plays out.

Ole Miss cannot develop defensive talent once they're on campus anyway. Name 1 sought after D lineman that had success after TSUN in the last 20 years.

Nkemdiche, of all people, was a complete bust - that guy was NFL ready in high school. They squandered it. He was mildly successful at OM but I don't think he lasted 2yrs in the league. Breeland Speaks is probably y'alls most notable DL in the past 20yrs.

While I wish we could just dominate the recruiting cycle the whole year, that's not reality. These are teenagers whose affection is the wind. Some may flip, some may go to OM and get lost in the typical thing the busts get caught up in. They may break the cycle.

But, they aren't thinking about millions in 5yrs. They are thinking 40,000 right now and what was that OM recruiting battle cry... "White girls swallow"?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I will begin to worry about recruiting when we begin to miss bowl games.

I've read a lot of handwringing threads about recruiting over the last decade. And we've won a lot of football games.

I'd rather obsess over the games and let somebody else get their jollies analyzing recruiting. I'm rarely interested.
You must not have seen that we were picked last in the West ***

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login