Redirect Ads

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'm going to ask you to provide information when you do get a redirect. I'm going to try and provide as much information to On3 as possible.

1. Type of device (desktop/laptop, phone, tablet)
2. Browser used
3. Screenshot of Ad

If you aren't logged in and can't reply to this thread - send an email to [email protected]

Reactions: dorndawg

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
PC laptop, Chrome, not sure which ad is doing it.

I’ll get redirected, but the content blocker on my work computer prevents the site from opening. I still have to navigate back to On3 to keep reading.

Doesn‘t happen on my iPad using Safari with Adblock.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
PC laptop, Chrome, not sure which ad is doing it.

I’ll get redirected, but the content blocker on my work computer prevents the site from opening. I still have to navigate back to On3 to keep reading.

Doesn‘t happen on my iPad using Safari with Adblock.
I'm having basically the same thing but but my virus protection prevents the page from opening. I will try and copy the URL next time it happens.

I'm using a PC Laptop (Windows 10 Pro) with Firefox.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Windows 11 laptop with Chrome - will try to remember to grab screenshots next time it happens. I've been getting ones with McAfee or Norton graphics, mostly.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I don't know why you guys are complaining. I'm getting some great deals on these pop ups. My wife is rolling in new lingerie. And I'm neck deep in new supplements...
And buying stuff is good for the economy.

MaroonOldCrow

Aug 22, 2012
Win 11 PC using Firefox; mostly Norton ads, sometimes McAfee, occasionally it just took me to Yahoo's homepage (which I don't use). Didn't matter if I was reading or typing. There was no regular interval to the redirects.

No issues since I shifted to reading the board using Brave.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't know why you guys are complaining. I'm getting some great deals on these pop ups. My wife is rolling in new lingerie. And I'm neck deep in new supplements...
And buying stuff is good for the economy.
Do they have any "M over S" logo stuff?

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’m getting adds for Digiorno pizza at Walmart, Oikos yogurt, and Key West. I guess that’s telling me to eat cheap and save up for a trip…and that’s on my phone

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I use iPhone, PC at work, and then if the need arises, MS Surface laptop at home. The only time those redirects happen to me is on the laptop. Not sure why that is, because I use Chrome on both laptop and PC. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time it happens.

Oh, and it's always something about a virus and something that warns me I'm about to lose all my shiit.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
My Micro Soft edge will not let me do anything but type. I can't add gifs, photos, videos, edit or anything. However, if I use Chrome, I have all the features. I get a lot of ads with Edge.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My laptop’s still in the shop. I’m using an older iPad. I have to use Chrome to access the site. I can’t sign in at all in Safari that I use on my laptop. I don’t know how to capture the screen but I can see all the ads on the right side of the screen and at the bottom every so often an ad will freeze the page or refresh the page unexpectedly. I’m not sure if this will help you but I thought you might want it in the list of grievances.

ETA- I was able to get three of the four to load. If you want me to I can email them to you.

Last edited:

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Windows 11 laptop with Chrome - will try to remember to grab screenshots next time it happens. I've been getting ones with McAfee or Norton graphics, mostly.
Same here. I have found if I add these sites to the "Do not allow" list for pop-ups & redirects they do stop for a while. But they eventually come back using a different url. At least that has been the case a couple times so far.

If anyone here wants to try that and needs a little help learning how to do it, let me know.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I'm going to ask you to provide information when you do get a redirect. I'm going to try and provide as much information to On3 as possible.

2. Browser used
3. Screenshot of Ad

If you aren't logged in and can't reply to this thread - send an email to [email protected]
1. iPhone 15
2. Safari
3. See below

Attachments

• IMG_6606.png
    IMG_6606.png
    1 MB · Views: 6

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

2. Browser used
3. Screenshot of Ad

IMG_2825.pngThis bullstuff is constant. So is the screen refresh. iPhone safari

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I did eventually get the redirect on the iPad,right after I took up thread space on expected ads, according to DS; so expect them if you have to use this platform.

God I hope I get my laptop back soon.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The refresh,redirect, and resetting of the page and reply mode is getting very frustrating. The best I can tell it does the refresh reset or redirect right after the ad reloads in the right screen.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
On3 said the redirects should now be fixed. This is an example of the redirects I experienced.

1701705402101.png

Reactions: dorndawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login