Regarding Daniel Hill.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
There's an article on D. Hill in the meridian star where they mention he will have 3 hats on the table. I knew he was doing this, but apparently the 3 hats are going to be S. Car.,Tenn and Bama. I know there's not much to that. I figured we had at least made his top 3.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
There's an article on D. Hill in the meridian star where they mention he will have 3 hats on the table. I knew he was doing this, but apparently the 3 hats are going to be S. Car.,Tenn and Bama. I know there's not much to that. I figured we had at least made his top 3.
We’re going to get him next year and maybe the year after as well.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
17 him. Our juco guys will get more yards next year than he will. He would probly make a better linebacker than running back anyway.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Unless he’s a generational running back I don’t really care.

You can litterally find a serviceable running back on a street corner.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I think he's doing the hidden hat trick. At least that's my hope.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I thought he was waiting to commit at some all star game? Why would a table be involved?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We need a hat trick to performance ratio to tell us if the highest performing college athletes directly correlates to the most dramatic signing. Add in a metric for them performing well at the school they signed with.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm not taking anything from a Bama newspaper seriously.
Cheers Applause GIF

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
D. Hill is going to be great at MSU. He is going to sign with us and be a 4 year contributor and 3 year starter. He will average over 1100 APY a year over his 3 years. HE has the body to be great at MSU.

Reactions: Tripp McNeely

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Unless he’s a generational running back I don’t really care.

You can litterally find a serviceable running back on a street corner.
While I get what you're saying, there is still a difference between a serviceable and good RB. Think back to 2016 when we switched from Shumpert to Aeris Williams. Or a Nick Gibson vs Kylin Hill. Especially in Lebby's offense that is based around the big play, having a guy who can get past the safety on a 1v1 and turn a 9 yard run into a 30 yard TD is massive.

Reactions: Anon1669338224
Jul 8, 2007
That information comes from a tweet by 247s national recruiting director. That tweet was from Nov 7th, which was a month before Hill finally visited MSU and the new coaching staff. I wouldn't pit much stock in that.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
That information comes from a tweet by 247s national recruiting director. That tweet was from Nov 7th, which was a month before Hill finally visited MSU and the new coaching staff. I wouldn't pit much stock in that.
After I posted I thought I might should have checked the date. He did say he wanted to go somewhere where he could make a difference in the program.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
"he's a 17 year old with a huge decision to make."

It USED to be a huge decision. Now, not so much.
I agree, at this point with everyone a free agent every year, you might as well shop yourself for a better NIL deal every year if you are a top line player. Now if you aren't you might better stay away from the portal or you might find yourself without a team.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Don't get me wrong. I hope he signs with us. He is a bruising runner. Break away speed ? Not so much. But he is a load to tackle. Plus he is a Mississippi kid and I wish we could get all of those.

Reactions: Chesusdog

Dawgzillatron

Apr 22, 2014
The Meridian Star is a joke of a newspaper. I live here and it sucks. You can get more news from twitter than that crap

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
While I get what you're saying, there is still a difference between a serviceable and good RB. Think back to 2016 when we switched from Shumpert to Aeris Williams. Or a Nick Gibson vs Kylin Hill. Especially in Lebby's offense that is based around the big play, having a guy who can get past the safety on a 1v1 and turn a 9 yard run into a 30 yard TD is massive.
Maybe serviceable was the wrong word.

Lot of GOOD running backs out there. If you can’t block a great running bad looks very mediocre.

If you can block, a serviceable running back can look great.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Is that an older article?

I've heard him signing with us is contingent upon an offer from Bama. Does he have a Bama offer? If not, he'll be a dawg.

Bama has several Hills on their roster. This seems like Nick playing keep away.

Hill is a game changer. Big bruising back with enough speed to break into the 2nd level. He would be great in Lebbys O.

Saying F him is very dumb (whoever said it). We need him & guys like him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login